My first mustang

Thank you to everyone on the compliments. I have never been happier going out to the driveway every morning. The car gets compliments and turns heads for the right reasons. The honda I traded was half green and half spray paint black. I feel lucky to have such a nice car and I am only 21

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, you made out like a bandit! If he was a friend he aint any more. :rlaugh:
But even if it needs a new trans you scored! That thing is clean and already a 3g swap and TF intake, much less its a 331. Do youk now if he went forged or dropped the compression? Any head work?

Also since it needs a new trans its a perfect time for a 5-speed swap. :nice:
Got any interior shots?

3g swap is swapping out the alternator for a higher output one, its a pretty common upgrade because the stock one is 75 amp and the 3g ones are great when you upgrade the stereo, add an electric fan, etc, etc. I've got a PA 130 amp alternator in my car and have not charging issures at all.

WHERE CAN I GET PA 130AMP ALTERNATOR

3g swap is swapping out the alternator for a higher output one, its a pretty common upgrade because the stock one is 75 amp and the 3g ones are great when you upgrade the stereo, add an electric fan, etc, etc. I've got a PA 130 amp alternator in my car and have not charging issures at all.

I need to upgrade my 75amp alt for a 130amp in my 87' GT. Where can I purchase a 3G???

I can't see your pics right now I'm on my phone but don't worry about the interior, stick to the the basics. If the tranny is bad fix that first. If you are new to mustangs go buy a chiltons or hayes manual. They have a lot of good info in them. I will try to check out your pics tommrow. Ahh my frist mustang. That takes me back. Welcome to the club.
Posted via Mobile Device

thank you I didnt like the centerlines at first but they are growing on me. Im not worried about the interior anymore I am planning on getting a cage put in. How much does it cost to get a 6 point cage put in I took it to the track and it only ran a 15.4 at 91mph. Is it that slow cause of the tranny

i have tried calling him but it says the number is no longer valid, he must be ashamed of himself I am trying to find a factory auto shifter to replace the piece o crap shifter thats in there.

Attachments

• 100_2081.jpg
    100_2081.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 51
Did you pay him any money plus the civic or was it straight trade?

If it was straight trade he got ripped off big time. He could have parted the car out and got more money than what your civic's worth.

No money was involved somehow he agreed to trade even the honda wasn't even that nice. 150,000 miles ricer exhaust half green and half black spray paint riding on steel wheels.

Attachments

• 100_2025.jpg
    100_2025.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_2026.jpg
    100_2026.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 36
After seeing the Honda I now know for sure you raped this guy. :rlaugh:

Stangs a little ruff but very fixable and minor parts it seems. I see it has newer (SN95) leather seats. :nice: