Build Thread My First Notch Build Thread - Remember me?!

• Sponsors (?)

I had actually set the timing to the middle line on the balancer right before I started filming. Yeah, the exhaust leaks are probably those open headers.:rlaugh: ....or could you actually hear an exhaust leak???:eek:

Reactions: 1 users
I think I want to eliminate my solenoid that's on the firewall and only use the one on the starter. Would it be as simple as just putting a stud in the location of the solenoid on the firewall and run a large gauge wire to the solenoid on the starter and leave the red ignition wire that I have tied in already in place? I think that would make my starting issues go away...I hope. What do you guys think? Has anybody done this?

Not sure what you are talking about. If you are intending on using a gear reduction style mini starter you still need the solenoid for connecting the otner wires and the ignition wire. Wiring a mini starter is easy, The large starter cable gets swapped to the same post as the positive battery cable and the small signal wire goes on the post where the large cable was. This will bypass the solenoid on the apron and use the one on the mini-starter

TechStarterWiring.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I'm all over the car trying to figure out why my fuel pump won't turn on with the key on. Its driving me crazy!!!!! :fuss:

I think something somewhere isn't grounded because my lights won't come on either. All my switches and relays are working. I checked or replaced every one I thought could be the problem. I've been out here for hours trying to figure this out.

So I figured out why the fuel pump wouldn't come on. Its losing power somewhere between the ECU power relay and the fuel pump relay but the inertia switch wasn't bad. But the second problem was the tan and green wire that is supposed to be ground from the ECU wasn't a good enough ground. So I ran a jumper from power off the ECU relay to power on the fuel pump relay and grounded the wire that's supposed to be ground from the ECU and whatdoyaknow....the fuel pump comes on with the key now! :banana:

Now, my other problem. No lights. After several minutes of probing and pulling wires to see where they go or come from I discovered this. So I have some fixing to do to these wires.
20170116_231754.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Omg...someone butchered the hell out of that wiring !

I'm pretty sure that brown wire that connected to that burned connector is for the tail lights and marker lights.

I think your lighting problem is in your hands...no pun intended.

Can you take a pick of the connector they run to ?

Have you checked the headlight grounds in each corner at the top of the core support ?

When your fuel pump comes on does it run for a few seconds and cut off or does it stay on the whole time the ignition is on ?

These cars cut the pump on and off through the computer with a ground signal to the relay.

Last edited: