My friends trapping 118mph but 1/4 mile times are a bit down.

Kdubslugga

Jun 7, 2003
Akron, OH
My friend has a 91 GT that is the fastest car ive ever ridden in, granted im sure plenty of you guys have faster cars but its just amazing how fast you can get these cars to run. Anyways his quater mile times are always in the 12.1 to 12.2 range, but hes trapping 118mph, so we both realize he should be in the 11's with that kind of trap speed. Hes currently running on street tires that are getting kind of bald, so when we head up to the track in the spring hes slapping on some racing slicks. Im just curious to what kind of times are realistic? Hes hoping for 11.6, is that to much?

• Sponsors (?)

That is really good MPH, the ET definatly doesn't match up. Traction is half of the drag race. I need traction also, my times have stayed the same but the car has gotten alot faster, it seems the more mods I do, the more I have to baby it off the line.

hey flesh rocket this is what i know hes done.

He has a new 302 short block, edelbrock performer heads which i think have been ported but im not sure, b303 cam, powerdyne supercharger with a different pully and an Anderson Powerpipe "his gauge says hes putting out 9 lbs of boost". Im not sure what size mass air and what size fuel injectors, all i know is there not 19 lbrs lol. Cobra Intake Manifold,70mm throttle body, Longtube headers, O/R H pipe, Flowmasters, Aluminum Drive shaft, Short throw shifter, All new Suspension work with KYB AGX Shocks and Struts, Eibach Lowering Springs, Hotchis Caster Camber as well as Lower Control Arms with 3.73s in the rear. Also he has an Aluminum Radiator with an Electric Fan. Im sure theres more but i cant remember. Im sure he'll be glad to know mid 11's are possible, thanks for the replies guys.

Im having the opposite problem fairly low ETs for my very low trap speed. ah well that should be fixed soon :nice: . get some hook. he should be cutting 1.6x-1.7xs fairly easy with all that power.