My g/f wants her Stang's windows tinted

• Sponsors (?)

3M makes all kinds of great products... I wouldn't be afraid of using there stuff.

With that said, my tint installer uses Solar Gard. He's done 3 vehicles for me now and they all look great. They make a 17% thats really dark looking in (can't see inside), but I can see out just fine at night.

Like someone said, be aware of what the law is in your State. Indiana's use to be 35% (probably still is, but haven't checked recently), but the Indiana cops really don't enforce the law, so I run the darker tint. :D

Be sure to do your research to avoid getting a cheap dyed film. There are many brands such as Formula 1 and Huper Optik that offer ceramic tints that look classy and provide excellent heat reduction.

In other words, don't just go for looks but be sure to get a tint that is functional as well for the summer heat.

I personally used Formula 1 Ceramic 35% tint. Its a superior, technologially advanced tint (yes, I've had 3M dyed fillm as well) that has ceramic particles in the film to reflect/block light and reduce the amount of heat within your car. Huper Optik (fav' among BMW owners) is another brand that offers great performance and a classy look. :flag:

Many police officers do enforce the law. I had a police officer friend who was killed during a traffic stop.
Police need to be able to see in the car.
A dark tint is not worth someone's life. They might also shoot you if they can't see you.
Keep everyone safe. Keep it legal.

I will agree with that. A driver and passengers who can't be seen during a traffic stop create dangers for everyone. Don't risk it just so your windows can be dark.
It really is not worth it.

Many police officers do enforce the law. I had a police officer friend who was killed during a traffic stop.
Police need to be able to see in the car.
A dark tint is not worth someone's life. They might also shoot you if they can't see you.
Keep everyone safe. Keep it legal.

The window tint didn't kill your friend. A criminal prolly did. And the pigs are not going to shoot me because I have dark windows on my stang....:rlaugh:

Tint or no tint, a handgun can be concealed very well (ei: LCP 380). Trust me, if a criminal is going to shoot a cop at a traffic stop, they are not going to care if the windows are tinted or not.

A tint law is just another form of (un-needed) government control....

If you say so, but I respectfully disagree. I am a former journalist who teaches journalism. I believe strongly in individual freedom. I really do. But I also realize that government must sometimes pass laws when people don't use common sense.
Common sense tells you that dark tint makes windows difficult to see out of for the driver. That alone is dangerous. If that driver happens to be texting or something else, then it's even a more dangerous situation.
Dark tint makes it difficult for anyone to see into the car. No one can know for certain who is in the car and what they are doing.
That is potentially dangerous. It just is.
Driving at 80 miles per hour on the highway is also dangerous. So is drunk driving. We must have laws against those. I could go on and on, but will not.
You are not going to change my mind regarding the fact that really dark tints are dangerous.