My Geico Savings - Seriously!!!

fushnicken

Apr 2, 2005
NJ
I kept seeing those damn commercials. Tiny house was probably my favorite. I was getting sick of my current insurance provider, because they were raping me. I figured what the hell and filled out an online quote with Geico.

I wound up saving beyond their up to 15% from the commercial. I actually saved $1500 bucks over Selective for an entire year and I chose the exact same thresholds.

Now I am down closer to where I thought I should've been paying.

Obviously, I made the switch.

I do not know if Geico is the cheapest everywhere, but in NJ they are definately cheaper than Allstate or Selective. Cut my stang cost in half.

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks!!! Well I'm no spokesman, but they saved me big money. Enough for an Intake, TB, gaskets, clutch, pressure plate and fly wheel. That's enough of a modivator to make me switch.

A buddy of mine had mentioned that I should change every once in a while. He has been able to get a lower rate each time by fishing around periodically.

Who knows, the next time I look around it maybe someone like Prudential or State Farm that will be cheaper.

Also depends on driving history and #cars. So far I haven't had any speeding tickets in 5 years. KNOCK ON WOOD. I do all my speeding at the track these days.

super302. I'm paying for three cars and married with children so that could be why you and I are seeing such a big difference.

When I first got my 95 the insurance was more than the car payment (almost!). Now I keep minimum liability on it and I have an Explorer as my daily driver.

I can recall struggling to keep my stangs insured when I first started driving. Had quite a few of them. 82 4 cyl. stang, 82 Mercury Capri with 302, 84 coupe with 86 roller motor.

Be sure NOT to tell them you've made ANY aftermarket changes to your vehicles. When I called them for a quote, I accidentally said that I had an aftermarket catback for one of my Ranger's. They declined me for this reason and said call back if I change it back. I thought about giving them a call back within the next few days and "tell" them I put the factory stuff back on.... but I never did. Maybe I should give it another shot.

I'm gonna look around for something new anyway.... Allstate sucks. If any of you heard about the guy that got fired from Allstate recently, and the reason why, you know what I'm talking about.

I'm happy with state farm... few people I know wit geico have had major problems getting them to pay for the damages.

That is a major issue.... I know that I pay more for insurance than I would if I switched. Last year I was driving down some state highway and a bush hog that was mowing the meadian hit the concrete just as I passed. It peppered the side of my cobra :bang: :bang: I did not have even bring my car in, they said just go get it fixed and let us know how much it cost. They covered everything but the first $100. Then they worried with getting the company that was at fault. I have had some pretty shotty service with other insurance companies... Making you jump thru hoops, and not liking aftermarket stuff on the vehicle. The guy that handles my account told me that I need to make sure that I have pics of the modifications so that they can factor them in if it ever got totaled.

Well for me when I did it I copied my current policy and faxed it to a binch of places. I ended up going with Allstate since (at the time) it was $800 a year cheaper for them vs others... it was painless and took only a matter of a couple hours. I gotta do that again this year to see what I can get..