My GT is here (PIC)

one2gamble said:
2. they took it out for a joy ride

I have heard that to get these things off the line really quickly they get hounded like no other off the factory line. Burnouts, power shifting, hard braking, so yea, it might be possible that they broke it off the line!

• Sponsors (?)

Check out the mileage on your baby, maybe this rule out joyriding, usually brand spankin news dont' have but 2 or 3 miles if that.
Did they actually show you a broken piece? They could be blowing smoke to keep the car on the lot for a little bit, since it sounds like it's the only one they got.

Some of you guys are blowing this way out of porportion. I will agree it sucks that the car somehow got linkage damage, but this stuff happens. At the dealership that I work at we have not had any vehicles damaged getting off the truck but we do get a lot of vehicles from ford that have problems right off the bat. I work on an average of two brand new vehicles a week that have problems straight from the factory. Good luck on trying to get some special kind of deal, extended warranty, or even a new vehicle from ford for something as simple as just replacing a part. You tell them that you don't want the car because of it they will have another buyer lined up for that GT that day.

Either way having a broken shifter linkage doesnt mean it was hot rodded. This is an automatic folks. It was probably broken to begin with. A broken shifter linkage is very easy to fix, and not a big deal. But if you can get extended warranty out of it, go for it! I would not pass on a car like that, a sweetass first run 05.. :nice: :drool:

Why do you keep ripping on him for getting an automatic?? He said his wife is gonna drive the car and she doesn't want the manual. If you actually read the posts before making fun of this guy then you would have realized that. also, what does it matter what ransmission he has? From what I have read the auto ran 13's stock.

EDIT: Ok I just realized that this is not the post where he talked about his wife driving the car but in another post he told us she would be driving it also. Sorry to be mean but its someones choice on what THEY want and not what you want.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=510338