My head swap thread!

ryan218 said:
'

whats worng with the body? you wreck it?
Yup, sure did. A word of advice... don't drive without insurance, things get real ugly real quick. :notnice: Now I get to pay for my own stupid decision! Most of the work is done, but there are still a few dings and such that I want to get while I'm at it... plus a fender alignment issue that doesn't want to be solved.

Ok, done hijacking!

• Sponsors (?)

Well guys heres another update, taking alittle longer then I had hoped, but its expected. Car is ALMOST done, I would have had it done today but I ran out of time and had to go to work. It will be done tomorrow though and next update will have videos! I had to go out and buy some frpp shorty headers because my long tubes did not work. Got them on the car. Just need to tighten all the nuts on the exhaust, from the catback to the headers, 02 sensors, spark plugs, change oil, and put coolant in and I can fire her up! Heres some pics from earlier today, no pics of the ehaders on but man do they look good on there. I thought id get some pics of them because I know there gonna rust in about 4 days! lol but I didnt have enough money for the coated ones, oh well. Here ya go. Oh and dont worry guys the rockers are fine, and if their not, im getting new springs in about 2 weeks so ill let a shop do it the "right way"

1003574et0.jpg

1003572zy1.jpg

1003576gk1.jpg

Attachments

• 1003574et0.jpg
    1003574et0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 45
  • 1003572zy1.jpg
    1003572zy1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 36
  • 1003576gk1.jpg
    1003576gk1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 43
The headers are stainless, so they won't really "rust". They might get some surface rust, but they will last just as long as your stockers, cause they're the same material. Looks good, Nick. :nice:

nonglossjason said:
did you find the injector caps at pepboys? how much?

yep went to discount auto and autozone they had absolutly no idea what i was talking about I heard napa has them but it was sunday at 3pm so they were closed :shrug:

Pep boys was the only place i could find that had them, their like $2.50 each and come with the 2 orings one for the bottom and one for the top where you put it on the rail, and the plastic ring and cap. Total it was around 18 bucks for all 8. Mine were all broken so it was nice to have them new.

PoopDawg said:
The headers are stainless, so they won't really "rust". They might get some surface rust, but they will last just as long as your stockers, cause they're the same material. Looks good, Nick. :nice:

I just meant to say in alittle bit theyll be looking like crap so i mineaswell get pictures while their lookin pretty spiffy :nice: thanks man.

nonglossjason said:
Hey thanks a lot man i really need to get some, to bad we dont have a pepboys here though

ah true, i never go to pep boys, pep boys is kinda the apc ricer place lol, but jrichker was actually the one who told me they had them there. I can give you the part number for them but im sure its the pep boys part number and also if you go to the advanced auto website you can order them online, I went to their store and gave them the part number and said if i found it online id have to order it their because they dont carry it or even have it in their ware house.

Heres the link to discount auto.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=NIE&mfrpartnumber=274081&parttype=752&ptset=A

Thats the part number for discount auto incase the link dosent work.

Henceforward said:
Annnnnnnddddddd? :shrug:

Any vac leaks, rocker arm noise, coolant leaks, fuel pressure etc...

Good news I hope. :shrug:

Timing is WAYYYYY off, coolant and vacuum are fine, havent checked fuel pressure, and LOTS of rocker arm noise, but I thi nk its the normal rocker arm noise you get when you change to roller rockers :shrug: i made a thread in tech, waiting for some answers.

Performance is just ALITTLE better then how it was before and I know its because the timing is off, so once I get that fixed ill be able to get some real results in, but even with the timing off, traction=whats that?

mob said:
Timing is WAYYYYY off, coolant and vacuum are fine, havent checked fuel pressure, and LOTS of rocker arm noise, but I thi nk its the normal rocker arm noise you get when you change to roller rockers :shrug: i made a thread in tech, waiting for some answers.

Performance is just ALITTLE better then how it was before and I know its because the timing is off, so once I get that fixed ill be able to get some real results in, but even with the timing off, traction=whats that?

Cool good to hear about the torque.

If you don't have a timing light now's the time to borrow one, or even buy a cheapo Craftsman. Whole lot safer than just rotating the dizzy.

Henceforward said:
Cool good to hear about the torque.

If you don't have a timing light now's the time to borrow one, or even buy a cheapo Craftsman. Whole lot safer than just rotating the dizzy.

I do have a timing light, read my post in tech, its a weird situation, im pretty confused about, but its late so dont wanna be tuning the car at 11pm haha

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=665347

lol, thats what happened with mine (extreme rocker noise) me and my neighbor just sat there and was waiting for them to quite down when like 5 minutes past and nothing happened we were all like :shrug: lol. but that was because (like i said earlier) the pishrod legnth was too short, the the rocker would bottom out on the pedistul before i even got any lifter preload. totally not your deal though

just got the timing fixed to 14*. WOW, i was taking it easy buy turning onto a street i said "i have to" so i hit it, no traction in first expected, get to 2nd, and past 2k you get that gut feeling and your neck is being pulled back, heart starts pumping faster, then past 3k your just flying! you look at the speedo and your going 90 before you know it, Im still kind of in shock, not the fastest car in the world, but man I can say my car is fast now, 12's here i come.

Maybe some videos and pictures later, still gotta get the exhaust leak figured out.