My Headswap kit is here!! Woo Hoo!!

CanadaStang

Sep 7, 2003
Mb
The headswap kit I ordered from Parkway Ford arrived at my doorstep yesterday. Looks very complete, great guys to deal with too!! I port matched the heads to the intake today, with my trusty little die grinder. Then I got the ports all shined up, and the aluminum intake crossover drilled and tapped for the extra sending unit.I guess Monday I'll start doing the actual head swap.
Anyone know if the a/f ratio wiil be richer after the swap, or will it be lean? I'm leaving the exhaust and intake otherwise stock.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey TweekedGT,if you read this, how are you liking your Stang since you did your headswap? Any issues since the swap? I think I read on one of your posts that you were taking it for a Dyno tune, have you had chance to get it there yet?

Whoo Hoo!! Finished the Headswap last night!! Took me 3 evenings, 10hrs total, including changing the oil. It was getting late so I didn't take it for a spin, but it seems to run and idle very nice.I'll take it for a drive when I get off work tonight.

Red2000GT said:
Drive it soon! It snowed here today and is coming your way!!!!!
:rlaugh: Thanks for the heads-up!!! I did get to take the car for a cruise tonight after work, put on abot 90km. Seems to run nice, idles good,. I didn't want to stomp on it too much, till I can find myself a good mail order reflash.
I pulled a couple of plugs tonight and they look nice and tan, but I'd still feel better once I know I don't have any lean spots. It revs waaaay faster than before, it's hard to believe it's the same car.[Ya, I know it's wimpy compared to that beast of yours, but it is better]
GRRR.... stupid snow... and to think I was sooo happy.... :(

I Love my car!!! The headswap was the best thing i ever did. No I haven't had a chance to tune it yet. i keep on trying to get it done but It never seems to work out. The guy who is going to do it is a friend of my wifes family. He is really busy and he is going to cut me a great deal on the dyno time and the chip so it's kind of one of those whenever he can fit me in type deals. It reallys sucks because I am getting ready to park the stang for it's winter slumber and i want to get it done. Dang Canadian winter!!!! Oh Well. How's your wagon running for you? I bet you notice a big difference. I took mine to the track too days after the headswap was complete and have never had a problem. You don't need to break the engine in. You didn't change any rings or seals. Put your foot to the floor and have some fun. I'll let you know what the dyno says if i ever get it done!!!! Have fun with your new found power.

This is the website of the guy going to do my dyno tune. He is very good. He has reflashed the computers of a few of our company trucks. We did it for more torque and to add a 120kph governor so our boys can't go speeding. The website is pcmprogrammer.com if you want to check it out. He is about 15 minutes east of Brooks on the #1 at a little place called Tilley, his place is called Wester's Garage.

TweekedGT said:
This is the website of the guy going to do my dyno tune. He is very good. He has reflashed the computers of a few of our company trucks. We did it for more torque and to add a 120kph governor so our boys can't go speeding. The website is pcmprogrammer.com if you want to check it out. He is about 15 minutes east of Brooks on the #1 at a little place called Tilley, his place is called Wester's Garage.
Thanks TweekedGT!!!! It really helps take away my fear of the unknown, hearing from someone that has also done the headswap!!!! I wrote down that e-mail address, I'll be sure and check it out Thankyou!! Thankyou!!
I'm very impressed with the hugh difference the swap made, I'll no longer have to wander off to go freshen my drink the next time the conversation turns to 1/4 mile times :D .
Thanks again!!