Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
It's mine now! Paid $700. Came with a Kenne Bell programmed ECU, BBK throttle body, rebuilt 30# injectors, fuel rail with adj FPR, KB cold air intake and a MAF. Does anyone recognize the brand of the MAF? The blower was inspected and oil changed from a local shop so it's ready to go. Came with an extra smaller pulley but I won't be using it for now.

Dude, that is awesome. I would LOVE to have that. PM me if you decide not to use it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

My winter plans include:
Removing engine and trans, installing new oil pump and ARP shaft, new oil pan gasket, rear main seal and pilot bearing, if I remove the stock heads they will be replaced by GT40 three bar heads, maybe some 1.7 rr's, leave stock cam alone and install KB s/c with 30# inj, 255lph pump. That's about it.

One thing I'm fighting over is do I use the KB ecu and get a MAF for 30# injectors or do I run my speed density Microsquirt and tune with tuner studio? @Bullitt347 @Noobz347 I'm open to suggestions on this. I however will not be upgrading to aluminum heads so we can leave that one alone. My engine has 75k original miles on it. I do not have big HP goals for my car (yet, lol) I'm just wanting some fun HP for the street.

I'm a single Dad of three now so budget is key here. I already have the microsquirt (PiMP) but if i can sell it to recoup money and use the KB ecu then cool. I do however here that KB tunes pretty rich while in boost (a little too rich). So maybe there's value in selling the ECU?

The Kenne Bell tune will be somewhat conservative, which is good. You will not blow stuff up. May not be optimal, but it will run and drive good. Going to go back and re-read the last 2 pages of this thread because I just skimmed it. If I see something else that needs attention I will chime in.

9 psi out of a 1.5 L Kenne Bell is about optimum. You might be able to spin it faster and get 12 psi, but the air charge temp would go through the roof. 9 psi on pump gas is very do-able. If you can fit a by-pass valve on it I would highly recommend it as it will help keep intake air temps in check. The MAF looks like a Ford lightning MAF, which is good. Also agree 11.5:1 A/F is about as lean as you want to go on pump gas without some sort of inter-cooler or water/meth spray. This set up will be a real kick in the pants. One other thing that will help keep air intake temps (IAT) in check is get as free a flowing inlet up to the throttle body. The larger the Throttle body the better. Ideally a Flowzilla inlet would really help in making power and keeping inlet temps in check. Do not have to do it now, but keep your eyes open. I have a 2.1L KB blower with the Flowzilla inlet and bypass valve. The outlet is for a GT-40 lower intake. I do not have the snout or brackets, so if you ever want to upgrade...............

Reactions: 1 users
What's the user name of the guy with the 8 second Kenne Bell Saleen? I think it's a black vert? Can somebody tag him for me I'd like his input too. Thanks!

I don't want you to get the wrong idea... This blower and the 8 sec KB car blower have nothing in common other than they're both twin-screws.

My HCI engine has ported Eddy performer heads, TFS 2 cam, performer intake, 30# injectors, microsquirt tuning and I'll get a GSS340 fuel pump. I might actually prefer an explorer top end with a stock cam and then the KB over it.

This is already too much motor for this little blower. That kit was designed to slap onto a bone stock motor with no mods. It even came with an FMU to push the stock 19# injectors. That should tell you about how much power to expect... As much as you could push through a 19# injector @ 70-90 psi.

9 psi out of a 1.5 L Kenne Bell is about optimum. You might be able to spin it faster and get 12 psi,

I would be surprised if you saw those levels from a 1.5L. It's possible maybe but would include opening up the inlet tract as much as possible and honing the blower inlet to accept 75mm.

9 psi is a done deal. My own Saleen when it was a street car with the 1.5L KB, had a 302 with J-302 heads, GT-40 lower, 30 lb/hr injectors, JBA shorty headers, Cat-pipe and Flowmaster cat-back. E-cam 5-speed with 3.27:1 gears. It made 9 psi no problem. I got in trouble with it when I tried to get 12 psi. It made 12 psi, at least the gauge said so, but the intake air temps went ballistic and the car made less power. But 9 psi is tops. The 2.1L was good for 16 psi on a built 331.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
9 psi out of a 1.5 L Kenne Bell is about optimum. You might be able to spin it faster and get 12 psi, but the air charge temp would go through the roof. 9 psi on pump gas is very do-able. If you can fit a by-pass valve on it I would highly recommend it as it will help keep intake air temps in check. The MAF looks like a Ford lightning MAF, which is good. Also agree 11.5:1 A/F is about as lean as you want to go on pump gas without some sort of inter-cooler or water/meth spray. This set up will be a real kick in the pants. One other thing that will help keep air intake temps (IAT) in check is get as free a flowing inlet up to the throttle body. The larger the Throttle body the better. Ideally a Flowzilla inlet would really help in making power and keeping inlet temps in check. Do not have to do it now, but keep your eyes open. I have a 2.1L KB blower with the Flowzilla inlet and bypass valve. The outlet is for a GT-40 lower intake. I do not have the snout or brackets, so if you ever want to upgrade...............
Thank you for your advice as well as @a91what and @Noobz347 . Does your inlet/outlet work on a 1.5L? If so then just sell me the inlet/outlet and bypass? PM me if you want

Hey hey hey.... waddaya want for it????

Just got home from work. Let me stew on this a bit. I think the stuff is at my friends house, which is 125 miles away. Not something I can just go get. May be a week or 3 before I see the parts and verify everything that is there. I may have him take pics of the parts for me in the meantime.

Sorry for the thread hijack*

Just wondering (seriously)
If you follow my build thread then you know my m90 is causing me headaches, mostly self inflicted. a bolt on application would be a nice relief. given that the price was right...... (you know high enough to sleep on the couch aND low enough to avoid divorce.. lol)

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for the thread hijack*

Just wondering (seriously)
If you follow my build thread then you know my m90 is causing me headaches, mostly self inflicted. a bolt on application would be a nice relief. given that the price was right...... (you know high enough to sleep on the couch aND low enough to avoid divorce.. lol)
i'll step aside on this.

9 psi is a done deal. My own Saleen when it was a street car with the 1.5L KB, had a 302 with J-302 heads, GT-40 lower, 30 lb/hr injectors, JBA shorty headers, Cat-pipe and Flowmaster cat-back. E-cam 5-speed with 3.27:1 gears. It made 9 psi no problem. I got in trouble with it when I tried to get 12 psi. It made 12 psi, at least the gauge said so, but the intake air temps went ballistic and the car made less power. But 9 psi is tops. The 2.1L was good for 16 psi on a built 331.

I have a 2.2L now. On a stroker... Flowzilla/Blowzilla with a 75 mm inlet. 16 lbs on my motor is pipe dream. I have the blower topped out an I see 12-13 depending on ambient temp.

To be fair: It's AFR 225s, Curtis Cam and probably breathes more air.