Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

I can live with that only because it's your fault that I was googling "351 windsor swap into a foxbody" yesterday :burnout:
It fits surprisingly well, and would be even easier if I didn't have a mile of unnecessary plumbing hanging off the front, LOL

Edit* well, except for the fitting under the stock hood part, haha

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No no no. Keep it. I just re-read my post and I saw that I said "all IRS rear ends are weak" but what I meant to say is they all suffer from the same weakness which is wheel hop. Wheel hop breaks the half shafts and diff but this is remedied by replacing all of the bushings and reinforcing the diff cover. After that it's a very strong rear end. Replayman races his and is powered by a Coyote motor and raceoholic is putting down over 600rwhp through his too. I vote to do it but you need to order some Maximum Motorsports bushings.
Lol I still have plenty of time to think this thing through. We haven't even removed it from the parts car yet. Wasn't planning on installing it until later this year. That'll give me plenty of time to replace the bushings and anything else we find along the way. Thanks for the advice!

Once you put an IRS in a fox you'll never go back. I've had mine for years and wouldn't trade it for anything. I've also never had an issue with wheel hop. Just luck, I guess. I also do crazy stuff....like run cheapo shocks for a SLA rear ( blue Monro's) and I shortened my aluminum driveshaft a little to get it off my trans tail shaft housing.

These rears are a big improvement over our straight axles.

Reactions: 1 users
I too am very happy with my IRS. As stated already, just replace the bushings with either PU for cost savings or go all out with a full tilt boogie kit and don't look back to never worry about wheel hop. The only REAL issue is finding wheels that not only fit the rear, but also come in the right size/offset for the front, AND look good on a fox without paying thousands for custom wheels.

It fits surprisingly well, and would be even easier if I didn't have a mile of unnecessary plumbing hanging off the front, LOL

Edit* well, except for the fitting under the stock hood part, haha
I too am very happy with my IRS. As stated already, just replace the bushings with either PU for cost savings or go all out with a full tilt boogie kit and don't look back to never worry about wheel hop. The only REAL issue is finding wheels that not only fit the rear, but also come in the right size/offset for the front, AND look good on a fox without paying thousands for custom wheels.
I've had enough with wheel selection issues for a Fox with IRS. Here is a brave solution, Kenny Brown started it and failed, Bruce from FTBR made it work right!! I will be doing this SOON! My wheel selection will be endless once again! Hard tail mount FTW! @RacEoHolic330 @90sickfox @bird_dog0347 @Onefine88
hardmountpaintedfixwq9.jpg

newmountrrfrontze7.jpg

I've had enough with wheel selection issues for a Fox with IRS. Here is a brave solution, Kenny Brown started it and failed, Bruce from FTBR made it work right!! I will be doing this SOON! My wheel selection will be endless once again! Hard tail mount FTW! @RacEoHolic330 @90sickfox @bird_dog0347 @Onefine88

Nice, details on that please? I knew Kenny Brown had tried it and saw mixed results... That said, your wheel selection won't be much different, you'll just be able to use a 10" wheel... still going to need a very high offset as the hub to hub distance won't become narrower, nor will that make your fenders wider.

Nice, details on that please? I knew Kenny Brown had tried it and saw mixed results... That said, your wheel selection won't be much different, you'll just be able to use a 10" wheel... still going to need a very high offset as the hub to hub distance won't become narrower, nor will that make your fenders wider.

Your correct about that. The wider wheel selections will be nice, but the backspacing will still be big to get the wheel to sit inside the fender. I'm actually planning a hard tail mount over the winter so I can get some bigger meat in the back.

Your correct about that. The wider wheel selections will be nice, but the backspacing will still be big to get the wheel to sit inside the fender. I'm actually planning a hard tail mount over the winter so I can get some bigger meat in the back.

I've come across a lot of 18x9.5 with an offset that work work with this hard mount but would conflict with the stock style mount/bolt. Heck, now even a 10" wheel might be in consideration however I've never paid much attention to what high offsets they come in.

The only thing I would add is to have a certified welder do the bracket welding. That's not something you want to have fail.
Absolutely agree with you on this one. I will most likely fab up the brackets, make the cut on the subframe, get everything tacked in place, and then take it to my work to have my Fab shop guys finish it up. It will be all 3/16" plate.

I don't really have any more details on it. There are a few more pictures on the SVT forum from Bruce but it's nothing that will help you fab up brackets anymore than the pictures I posted.

So even though I have plenty of other chit to keep me busy I'm at a fork in the road with something. I'm kinda motivated right now to do my engine swaparoo and nothing sounds better right now than doing it in 75-85 degree weather with a cold beer. This would mean some down time for about 2-4 weeks most likely. The other option is to continue to wait till the car is put up for winter and then do it in 20-40 degree weather (my garage is not insulated). Difficult decisions :shrug:

So even though I have plenty of other chit to keep me busy I'm at a fork in the road with something. I'm kinda motivated right now to do my engine swaparoo and nothing sounds better right now than doing it in 75-85 degree weather with a cold beer. This would mean some down time for about 2-4 weeks most likely. The other option is to continue to wait till the car is put up for winter and then do it in 20-40 degree weather (my garage is not insulated). Difficult decisions :shrug:

If the car has a heater and can be driven in the winter, I'd do it now... But I HATE the cold.

If the car has a heater and can be driven in the winter, I'd do it now... But I HATE the cold.

I hate the cold too but working on my car during the Winter does give me something to do. My car does have a heater but with all the snow fall out here and freezing rain/fog I just put the car up between late Oct to sometime in March or April. How are you liking your upgraded HCI power?

I hate the cold too but working on my car during the Winter does give me something to do. My car does have a heater but with all the snow fall out here and freezing rain/fog I just put the car up between late Oct to sometime in March or April. How are you liking your upgraded HCI power?

It certainly is nice having the extra power but I haven't run it that hard just yet, trying to make sure the tune is all good and safe. Plus with the rain all the time I haven't been able to drive it much anyway.

This is from part of a Fathers Day card that my son made in class (1st grade). I literally laughed out loud when I read #1 this morning.
IMG_0391.JPG

My son is awesome! He's learning slowly that "built not bought" requires time wrenching.

Reactions: 12 users
Just do it, I've been sitting on a Trick flow top end kit and supporting mods since Thanksgiving, I've been able to talk myself outta every season so far due to the kids , house and work. There is never a better time than the present.