Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

If they were 03/04 id say do it. But as is, get some corbeau seats for a few hundred more... I went cheaper and got the SVE S1 seats and they aren't bad, just fairly stiff with tall side bolsters that do a great job of keeping you in place but make getting in and out a little tougher. I'm just shy of 6' tall, ymmv.

• Sponsors (?)

In my experience they also sit too high in a Fox and you being a tall mofo will make the problem even worse.
I didn't know they made you sit taller, thanks!

That's why they are only 500 . I had a feeling . Those are 01 cobra seats not 03 . Similar but different

fea0c55146bb123a78381571ab87d736.jpg
I did not catch the fact that there was a difference between the years. Now that you posted that pic the Termi seats are way nicer and more sporty. Thanks guys.

If they were 03/04 id say do it. But as is, get some corbeau seats for a few hundred more... I went cheaper and got the SVE S1 seats and they aren't bad, just fairly stiff with tall side bolsters that do a great job of keeping you in place but make getting in and out a little tougher. I'm just shy of 6' tall, ymmv.
That's good to know. I do like the Corbeau seats, they look sporty without looking too fancy.

So yesterday evening I tried to pull my car out of the garage and no dice. The car went no where when I let the clutch out. Seems like it's in N all the time. I can slide it into 1st gear no problem without pushing the clutch in. As you may recall I did replace the clutch quadrant and installed a firewall adjuster. I do have resistance in the pedal (so I know the clutch cable is hooked up to the quad and fork) but nothing is engaging. I need to jack my car up and see what's going on tonight when I get a minute.

So yesterday evening I tried to pull my car out of the garage and no dice. The car went no where when I let the clutch out. Seems like it's in N all the time. I can slide it into 1st gear no problem without pushing the clutch in. As you may recall I did replace the clutch quadrant and installed a firewall adjuster. I do have resistance in the pedal (so I know the clutch cable is hooked up to the quad and fork) but nothing is engaging. I need to jack my car up and see what's going on tonight when I get a minute.
Just to touch on the seats , I'm not saying I'd pass on them for the right price they are still super comfy compared to a fox seat and hold you in well .

As far as the clutch stuff did you use the MM kit ? I'd turn the adjuster all the way in until there is a hair of play in the pedal. Then back it out just so it has enough tension not to have any play .

That should have it grab just about off the floor then I'd re adjust from there if you don't see anything too obvious when you jack the car up. Also if you used the mm kit make sure you used the supplied spacer on the cable or there will be super slack in it .

Just to touch on the seats , I'm not saying I'd pass on them for the right price they are still super comfy compared to a fox seat and hold you in well .

As far as the clutch stuff did you use the MM kit ? I'd turn the adjuster all the way in until there is a hair of play in the pedal. Then back it out just so it has enough tension not to have any play .

That should have it grab just about off the floor then I'd re adjust from there if you don't see anything too obvious when you jack the car up. Also if you used the mm kit make sure you used the supplied spacer on the cable or there will be super slack in it .
It's possible that I tightened the FW adjuster too much to begin with. When I first pumped the clutch (before starting the car) I felt too much slop on top of the pedal so I immediately popped the hood and did several turns of the adjuster. This will be the first thing I try. I have the Steeda quadrant, cable, adjuster kit.

It's possible that I tightened the FW adjuster too much to begin with. When I first pumped the clutch (before starting the car) I felt too much slop on top of the pedal so I immediately popped the hood and did several turns of the adjuster. This will be the first thing I try. I have the Steeda quadrant, cable, adjuster kit.
Ahh ok . Curious to see how it pans out either way

Your thoughts.....

I was doing some reading today about clutch issues with them not engaging/disengaging. I think my problem is that I reused the stock non adjustable clutch cable when I added my Steeda clutch quadrant and FW adjuster. I decided for some reason to not install my adjustable cable that's laying on my work bench. I think my stock cable is too short and my clutch fork is engaged at all times.

Reactions: 1 user
MM kit uses a stock cable. Many people say not to use the adjustable ones:shrug: I've always used a stock cable so I don't have a comparison myself. I'm going to be installing the mm kit this weekend if plans don't change.

MM kit uses a stock cable. Many people say not to use the adjustable ones:shrug: I've always used a stock cable so I don't have a comparison myself. I'm going to be installing the mm kit this weekend if plans don't change.
Wait, installing a clutch cable kit on what? Update me on your Mustang status! I thought you were selling everything?

image.jpeg
Pretty sure this is my problem. Stock cable is too short. You must use the adjustable cable that's included in the Steeda kit.

image.jpeg

Pretty sure this is my problem. Stock cable is too short. You must use the adjustable cable that's included in the Steeda kit.
Mms stock style cable construction is longer then a regular OEM cable . Hence that sleeve I had mentioned when I thought you had one . Order the mm cable for it . Trust me . Steeda makes a great product but you'll never match the feel of the mm cable . We used a steeda quadrant and adjuster in my buddies car years ago with the mm cable with no issues .

Reactions: 1 users
Mms stock style cable construction is longer then a regular OEM cable . Hence that sleeve I had mentioned when I thought you had one . Order the mm cable for it . Trust me . Steeda makes a great product but you'll never match the feel of the mm cable . We used a steeda quadrant and adjuster in my buddies car years ago with the mm cable with no issues .
I will check in to the MM cable. Better pedal feel on these cars is always a worth the expense. For now though I will install the Steeda adjustable cable so I can get my car on the road this weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
image.jpeg

I used that full steeda kit with the adjustable cable, and swapped to a Mm cable when it eventually wore out. The Mm cable is really nothing more than a stock sn cable already modified for a firewall adjuster.

I used that full steeda kit with the adjustable cable, and swapped to a Mm cable when it eventually wore out. The Mm cable is really nothing more than a stock sn cable already modified for a firewall adjuster.
I just swapped the Steeda adjustable cable in and viola, problem is solved. Once the rain stops I'll take it out to test out the brakes. First, I need to take pictures for Haggerty to get insurance on it.

Good news: Got the car out of the garage for the first time in several months to get it cleaned up a bit and snap some pictures for insurance purposes. Here are some.
IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0265.JPG

The bad: I have a leak at the "T" for the rear brake lines which means I need to remove my differential to access it. :fuss::fuss: I have yet to get to an exhaust shop nor an alignment. I'll obviously wait till the brakes are solid.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: 6 users