Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

The offset for our IRS swapped cars is about 40mm. Do you think we could get away with longer hardened studs and hub centric spacers on the front ? I've got a Percy's wheelrite tool. I'll recheck my measurements this weekend.

My wheels are 18x9 in the rear and I believe +45 (6.75 BS for sure), the fronts are 18x8 and I think like +38 or something like that... way to tucked in up front so I bought some 1" spacers and bolted those up and now it sits right and I haven't had any issues. If I were to get like the drift wheels re-worked by weldcraft then I'd only do that for the rears and get the 18x9 in the SN95 offset for the front. I won't be doing anything like that though until I get the MM K member and A-arms so I can be sure it's what I need up front as they recommend the 96+ spindles which would normally move the wheels out another 3/4" but not sure if that's still the case with their K member.

Reactions: 1 users
My wheels are 18x9 in the rear and I believe +45 (6.75 BS for sure), the fronts are 18x8 and I think like +38 or something like that... way to tucked in up front so I bought some 1" spacers and bolted those up and now it sits right and I haven't had any issues. If I were to get like the drift wheels re-worked by weldcraft then I'd only do that for the rears and get the 18x9 in the SN95 offset for the front. I won't be doing anything like that though until I get the MM K member and A-arms so I can be sure it's what I need up front as they recommend the 96+ spindles which would normally move the wheels out another 3/4" but not sure if that's still the case with their K member.
I believe with the MM K member they recommend the 96+ spindles because of the improved steering geometry. The wheels will still stick out slightly more each side but they modified the steering rack location which makes their K member work best with the 96+ spindles.

With a 1" spacer did you need to get longer studs?

I believe with the MM K member they recommend the 96+ spindles because of the improved steering geometry. The wheels will still stick out slightly more each side but they modified the steering rack location which makes their K member work best with the 96+ spindles.

With a 1" spacer did you need to get longer studs?

No, the spacer bolts to the hub studs and has it's own studs... the lug nuts are countersunk in the spacer and the wheel bolts to the spacer.

**Update**
I got my new LMR weather stripping installed on my doors and hatch. The car is much more quiet now while sitting inside and no more stinky exhaust fumes getting sucked in through the rotted hatch seal. Now I just have to live with slamming the F'ing doors all the time. Anyway, those and new a new speedo gear and I hit the road with the IEMC (Inland Empire Mustang Club of Spokane) for their monthy Ice Cream run. Some really nice people and some nice cars!

IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
**Update**
I got my new LMR weather stripping installed on my doors and hatch. The car is much more quiet now while sitting inside and no more stinky exhaust fumes getting sucked in through the rotted hatch seal. Now I just have to live with slamming the F'ing doors all the time. Anyway, those and new a new speedo gear and I hit the road with the IEMC (Inland Empire Mustang Club of Spokane) for their monthy Ice Cream run. Some really nice people and some nice cars!

IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
[/QUO
I need to redo my weather stripping one day. Great color choice. Must have been a special on the paint ? 3 cars same color ? Can't be a coincidence >? Non the less that ZZ is tight too.

That "347Z" was really cool and so was the guy that owned it. The 87 T-top car is a slightly different color (but not really) and is really nice too. The t-top guy doesn't know much about the mechanics of the car but claims it's a 331cid engine that puts out 450+ to the wheels and is capable of more. All he knew was it had trick flow heads but wasn't sure which ones. I asked him if they are the 11r's and he said yes but they don't look like it to me. Anyways I'd donate my left nut just to get me a clean t-top car like that again.

One thing that stood out yesterday about my car from all the others, I AM UNDER POWERED!!! :cry:

Reactions: 1 user
Next up to handle all ~200rwhp this monster puts down will be my MM sfc's. I've had these dang these for nearly two years and now it's time to install them.
IMG_0359.JPG

Question for @Boosted92LX (or others in the know). Before welding these on to my car, should I disconnect my battery? Computer? Nothing in the MM instructions say anything regarding this.

Next up to handle all ~200rwhp this monster puts down will be my MM sfc's. I've had these dang these for nearly two years and now it's time to install them.
IMG_0359.JPG

Question for @Boosted92LX (or others in the know). Before welding these on to my car, should I disconnect my battery? Computer? Nothing in the MM instructions say anything regarding this.

Man, any time you weld on a car disconnect and isolate the power and ground terminals.

Reactions: 2 users
Man, any time you weld on a car disconnect and isolate the power and ground terminals.
Thanks bro! We have nothing but cruddy weather for the next several days and through Memorial Day weekend too. I'm hoping to get my sfc's installed this week and pray for good weather on Memorial Day so I can cruise out to Washington State Veterans Cemetery to pay my respect to my Dad and others who have served. Car goes back on the roller carts today and sfc install will get started.

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Since my car is back on the roller carts I thought I'd snap some tire clearance pictures so there can see just how much room there is with my setup. This will help me figure out what limits I can push for my next wheel purchase (coming soon). My current wheels are 18x8 +25 up front and out back is 18x8 +35.

@Noobz347 can you please rotate my stupid iPhone pictures?