Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

But where do you look to find out if you have a 6, 7 or 8 tooth drive gear?

Somewhere in their speedo gear section they show them. It may be in kits, I don't remember, but they are color coded just like the cable gears. Look in your trans at the gear color and match it to the one on the website.

I think I see now the error in my ways. I didn't see that part about the trans drive gear tooth count 6,7, or 8. I completely dismissed this part and left it at 6 when I did the gear calculator. How do you find out which drive gear you have?
Whatever year the car is if it's the original t5 just look it up for that year and it will tell you the. Count

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Whatever year the car is if it's the original t5 just look it up for that year and it will tell you the. Count

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate
Ok, LRS site has the years broken down. Problem is when I originally ordered the gear I was putting it in an 88' Mustang which is different. 1990 Mustangs changed to an 8 tooth drive gear (88' has a 7 tooth). This is why my speedo still isn't right and now I need to spend another $15 on a gear.

Hopefully my drive gear doesn't eat my speedo cable gear

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, LRS site has the years broken down. Problem is when I originally ordered the gear I was putting it in an 88' Mustang which is different. 1990 Mustangs changed to an 8 tooth drive gear (88' has a 7 tooth). This is why my speedo still isn't right and now I need to spend another $15 on a gear.

Hopefully my drive gear doesn't eat my speedo cable gear
I had the same issues back when. Got it all right and ate a t5 . Bought another and of course it was off again . Mine is off right now too lol . It has a red gear with my tko and its slooowww.

About to order a white 23T gear. Thinking about adding some Stage 8 header bolts to my cart. They have good reviews. Any thoughts? They're pricey but relieves a big headache.
I've got stage 8 on my car. With the headers on my car, I had to grind most of the retainers down as the instructions tell you to if needed, but they are good. If I still had a good set of tie wire pliers, I would've drilled my stockers and tie wired them. I used that method on turbines when I did a lot of work on them, and looks cool when done right.

About to order a white 23T gear. Thinking about adding some Stage 8 header bolts to my cart. They have good reviews. Any thoughts? They're pricey but relieves a big headache.
I use a dab of silicone on stock cheap autozone spectre bolts and no issues with backing out .

About to order a white 23T gear.
do yourself a favor and get a matched driven and drive gear set. the white 23t gears are a chrysler gear and dont mesh right with the ford driven gears, and end up chewing themselves up. easy to change, 4 shifter bolts, 1 roll pin, and 6 tailhousing bolts and you're there.

for the headers, i use arp stainless bolts and a percys aluminum gasket. i've had too many problems with the fel-pro gaskets not sealing (my header flanges probably arent perfect anymore). havent had any header sealing or loosening issues since going to this setup. you can also just use some regular 3/8-16 x 1 socket head cap screws, and use a ratcheting wrench around an allen key if you dont feel like making a 1/4 turn at a time with a 3/8 wrench.

Dont know was told because teeth in 23 are thin and dont mesh well with 8 tooth, I am running 23 with 7 tooth and its fine. You could always try. Did you try a 21?

Careful on the color coding, the cheap chinese gears dont always follow the customary color of the gear set...

could be your wheel sizing?

If you try a 23 and it fails you can always do as others have suggested and get a matched set and spend some time cleaning out the debris, no loss just some time... or get one of those speedo speedcal units

FULL LENGTH HEADERS, H-PIPE INSTALL TIME!!

Finally got the rear end installed back into the coupe and now I removed the mini starter, headers and exhaust so I can install them into the 90' Hatch. Going from all stock exhaust manifold, catted H pipe to full lenth 1 5/8" BBK ceramic headers, 2.5" BBK H pipe going into some quiet-flow 3 mufflers (for now). My stock engine mounts are cracked and worn so my Polyeurothane mounts will go in to replace them.
100_1592.jpg
100_1593.jpg
100_1594.jpg
100_1595.jpg

Reactions: 1 users