Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

These wheels are only sitting on the wheel carts, they are not mounted since there is nothing to mount them to at the moment. I did this arrangment to see how I like the wheels under my car. To be honest I'm not too impressed. What are your thoughts? Either way in a couple of months I'm going to get another set of wheels after a couple more OT checks.

IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG

Painted up my calipers and some other parts today. Waiting for some new control arms that were drop shipped from the manufacturer so they might be another week of so. Other than that and the diff I have everything ready to get bolted up.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

These wheels are only sitting on the wheel carts, they are not mounted since there is nothing to mount them to at the moment. I did this arrangment to see how I like the wheels under my car. To be honest I'm not too impressed. What are your thoughts? Either way in a couple of months I'm going to get another set of wheels after a couple more OT checks.

IMG_0141.JPG
IMG_0142.JPG
IMG_0143.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG

Painted up my calipers and some other parts today. Waiting for some new control arms that were drop shipped from the manufacturer so they might be another week of so. Other than that and the diff I have everything ready to get bolted up.
"Not too impressed"? Jeez, I love them.

Reactions: 1 user
100% honest...I don't like them much. At least they have the polished lip, which makes them look better. They don't look terrible or anything like that. They just look kind of boring to me. Heck I have chrome Cobra r's and I'm sure most find them boring/90's styling. If/when I switch to 5 lug I'm going to go with a nice wheel package. Besides paint I feel that wheel selection is the biggest key to "curb appeal". These wheels are just hoe hum for me. If it were mine...id upgrade/switch. Easy for me to say..I can't even afford to swap myself.

I'm sure they'll grow on me, well hopefully they will. I was trying to get something different and there's always risk with that. My other set of wheels will be a "safe" choice with a chrome set of American racing Torq Thrust II. I can mount them on my Nitto tires I have on my 03' Cobra reps.

That's a good looking setup. Looks like your getting closer. I hope you write a review after your first driving impression.

I will do that. I kind of have high expectations for braking and ride quality improvement.

yeah it is coming along nicely!

Thanks bro! Can't wait to get this thing back on the road soon with the warmer weather coming early this year and all.

Did you sell the white car already?

Yes I did. Went to a good family and will become a Father and Son project. They are planning on converting it to carb however.

@bird_dog0347
How did you install your rear springs? I saw something on American Muscle about having to unbolt and lower the back end of the IRS subframe in order to install the rear springs. Don't want to do that, I'd rather use spring compressors if needed.

I was hoping to have the rear end all put together and have the car back on all 4 wheels this weekend but I decided I want to get the BilletFlow IRS diff cover brace and install it before I install the diff. Only sets me back about a week, not a big deal.

So on my IRS before I went coil over I had stock springs that were cut 1" and I was able to install/remove them in the pockets by unbolting the shock from the LCA which allowed it to drop another 1" or so and get the spring in and out. If they are stock springs... ummmm, good luck.

That diff cover is one of the biggest weak points. Glad you decided to do that before putting it I can't wait to see it on all 4's either. [emoji106]

So on my IRS before I went coil over I had stock springs that were cut 1" and I was able to install/remove them in the pockets by unbolting the shock from the LCA which allowed it to drop another 1" or so and get the spring in and out. If they are stock springs... ummmm, good luck.

Did you install isolators too? I'll be cutting at least a half coil off before installing so it shouldn't be a problem. If I decide to go coil overs in the rear it will have to wait for some funds to free up. I have a bunch of other things sucking the money out of my wallet at the moment.

That diff cover is one of the biggest weak points. Glad you decided to do that before putting it I can't wait to see it on all 4's either. [emoji106]

I was thinking about the aftermarket FRPP diff covers but for half the price the BilletFlow diff braces seem sturdy and have excellent reviews.

Did you install isolators too? I'll be cutting at least a half coil off before installing so it shouldn't be a problem. If I decide to go coil overs in the rear it will have to wait for some funds to free up. I have a bunch of other things sucking the money out of my wallet at the moment.

I was thinking about the aftermarket FRPP diff covers but for half the price the BilletFlow diff braces seem sturdy and have excellent reviews.

I kept the stock isolators on it, and understand about the funds... I waited over a year for the coil overs, and I bet you eventually put them on the rear too.

I thought I had a billet flow, but guess I don't? Mine comes over the top to the left one more bolt. I need some new sway links like those, I'll give you my address to ship those to.