My Ignition Fell Apart - HELP

I went to start my car the other day and after taking it for a spin and parking back in my garage, I went to turn it off and the entire ignition pretty much fell apart in my hands. I have gathered all the parts, and reassembled it, but there are two springs that also fell out of the car's dash and I don't know where they go. Before I put it all back in I wanted to see if someone can point me in the right direction as to where these two springs belong. Here are the pics of the carnage.

All the parts that I pulled out of the dash
View attachment 243336

Front assembled
View attachment 243337

Rear assembled
View attachment 243338

Does that seem to be it? Is there anything missing and are the springs a part of it? If so, where do they go? Sorry for the long post, but I'm hoping that someone can help me out. Thanks in advance.
-Edgar

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like you are still missing pieces. There should be a terminal sticking up from the rear and a spot to plug the ignition wiring plug in (at least one my 67 there is). The plug bolts to the terminal on my ignition switch.

Looks like you are still missing pieces. There should be a terminal sticking up from the rear and a spot to plug the ignition wiring plug in (at least one my 67 there is). The plug bolts to the terminal on my ignition switch.

I actually left that part connected in the car as it was still bolted in place. So I am taking that these springs do not belong to the ignition. I didn't want to hook it all back up until I knew where those springs went (in the ignition) but if they aren't poart of the system, i should be able to plug it all back in and go.