MY ****ING CAR BURNED DOWN!!!!!!

So you call me out for insurance fruad, the thread gets closed, but you link it back to here, so more people can read it. What exactly is your vendetta? I'll be completely honest (I always am anyway), but I had a lot of respect for you. I respected your knowledge and expertice. But I absolutely DO NOT respect somebody who will go to such great lengths to completely humuliate somebody online. First of all, how ****ing stupid would I be to burn my car down. You know as well as anybody on here that it is impossible to get money back from mods, especially a supercharged car. It doesn't make a tiny bit of sense.

Second: You don't know the first thing about me. You know what i've told on stangnet. You know nothing about my morals or character. I'd like to think that my status as a First class cadet at the air force academy, (254 days from being a 2 Lt.) vouches for my character, but apparently not. You probably don't know that I took an honor oath, We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does (that includes insurance fraud). I was completely embarassed when I saw that you linked to that thread. I have NEVER had my character even close to being questioned like that. Its absurd. One of my best friends, who is also a cadet, is also a regular poster on here, and he can vouch for me I guess, but I don't think its necessary.

If you want, feel free to read the last few posts in this thread:

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=706360

I got all bent out of shape about a stupid exhaust ticket. No big deal, but I lost sleep over something even that small.

I still find it hard to believe that I'm defending my morals on an online forum, that is supposed to be about discussing cars, NOT attacking people's character.

I really don't even know what to say, but if this is what stangnet has turned into, i'm out.

• Sponsors (?)

Dude, don't mind killy. Yeah, he's smart, but so was hitler, and hitler was an azzhole too. I've been on these 4.6 forums for a few months, and he's already stepped on my toes a few times. That never happened in 5 years on the 5.0 forums. He's just a miserable guy who gets off on pointing out anyone's flaws, deviations from his ideals, misfortunes, or the chance to say I told 'ya so. If you spend too much time being miserable about miserable pricks like him, he wins, and before you know it, we'll all be bitching about you being the next miserable prick.

And no, I am not name calling, trying to offend anyone, or whatever you want to call it. I'm stating my personal feelings after several experiences and observations. I respect Kilgore's knowledge, but it pretty much stops there. If he stops being the grinch of mustang land, I'm sure I'll learn to like him.

Alright, before this gets out of hand here I'd like to try to squelch any insurance fraud BS that may be getting thrown around here.

Its true, flyboy was having some problems with the engine, he probably had some internal damage to the engine. That's the reason why he was doing the compression test in the first place. He was using my compression tester that I just bought a couple days before to use on my '93 Cobra since I was having some overheating issues and thought I may have blown a headgasket.

If you could look at the fullsize pictures you'd see the burned-out remains of my compression tester (you still owe me a new one flyboy, lol) and the passenger side fuel rail is popped off (showing that the fuel rail wasn't secured properly)

Before he burned his car down, we would talk about what to do if there was damage to the engine, and he pretty much decided that if needed, he was going to rebuild with forged internals and swap out the vortech for a KB blower. Why the hell would he decide to change his mind, out of the blue, and ****ING BURN THE CAR DOWN!?!?

Also, since I personally know this guy, I know that he doesn't have the balls to try to pull off insurance fraud. And he's almost put his full USAFA $30k loan into the car......why the hell would he burn it down for the $15k needed for the '01 Cobra? In addition, until we talked to him, he didn't even think that he would get anything from insurance since it was his own dumb-assery that burned the car down. Thankfully insurance does pay for stupidity.

If people are curious about that last picture of flyboy posing next to the car, if you must know, I told him to do that trying to lift his spirits, because at that time, he was feeling pretty damn ****ty. Also, yes, a guy on a bike happened to be near when the fire started and happened to have an SLR camera. Weird, I know, but those are some pretty spectacular shots. If any of you insurance fraud investigator extrordinaires want to check on that, yes, we can actually give you his name.

Flyboy did try to put the fire out. My '95 GT was nearby and I had a fire extinguisher in the back. he empetied that sob into the engine bay, but it didn't put it all the way out.

Just saying, accusing somebody of insurance fraud, even (especially) on the internet, is a pretty damned irresponsible thing to do. I'm sure that USAA is doing their own investigation, and there's a possibility that they'll read what you wrote. Next time you think you're being smart, think about the consequences of your actions.

It seems as if the incidents were a coincidence. One has to say to themselves, "s*** happens." +1 on the libel business as well; people are getting in deep crap ($$$$) over that now a days, whether it is on the net or elsewhere. If anyone had any suspicions, it should be taken up via PM, email, or AIM (or whatever you use) in order to get the FULL STORY.

As a casual observer to this topic and the related threads, I will admit that if I was in your shoes and this happened to me, I'd be shaking in my boots if I saw all the energy and $$$ that I dumped into my car go up in flames. The last thing I would think of is taking a photograph during the inferno, I'd be bawling my eyes out. Not to mention 5 posts later linking a carfinder link on a '01 Cobra -- counting your chickens before the eggs have hatched. Some might take this as being fishy. But I'm older than you and with it comes wisdom, at the same time you're younger and with that comes fearlessness -- this might explain the situation. Libel is also wrong.

I hope you post the follow up to this as I'm very curious to see what you're insurance company has to say. I've renewed mine several times with different companies and I've been asked if I've made modifications to it -- i.e. superchargers, turbochargers etc., they're not interested in things like underdrive pulleys etc. Insurance companies are weasels and any loophole they will take, they will. I'd really like to know if they put a spin on it considering yours was SC'ed and you were working on it yourself. Thus resulting in a denied claim or a really low payoff.

Good luck,
Bubba Z.

I think Kilgore was right in pointing out the insurance fraud. Flyboy is having too much fun with his car being burned down. I'd probably be pissed as hell. He decided to take pictures. AND show it off on the internet. Its too much.

FYI, another cadet took the on fire pictures. This happened in the main parking lot, so there were other people around.

If you think about it, a lot of people would be the same way. You'd be in shock for a while, but then you gotta start thinking about what's next. Its not like if you lose your wife, you gotta grieve for 6 months before dating again. I can fully understand the sketchiness of the situation, but I'm here to tell you people, that just ain't the case.

I'd apologize for Kilgore Trout's implied accusations, but I'm afraid it wouldn't mean much. I did stand up for you solely on the fact that you are a cadet at the AF Academy. I'm retired AF myself and I know what it takes to get accepted into the Academy, let alone make it all the way through. My son was planning on applying for the Academy until he read through the package and found out it takes a hell of a lot more than just excellent grades to qualify.

Please don't use Kilgore's actions as a portrayal of Stangnet as a whole. Sometimes he's just bitter and mean.

U.M.

:flag: