MY ****ING CAR BURNED DOWN!!!!!!

i wouldn't worry about anything KT says. i mean, this is the same guy who tried to e-thug me only to have it backfire. also he said he was never comming back to 4.6talk/tech. he's really nothing more than a post whore seeking attention.

oh, he also claims to have excellent credit, yet his CC limit was $800. his credibility (pun intended) is in question.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I finally got a call from USAA. They said she's totaled :( I guess I kinda expected that anyway, but its still sad. He said they don't have a number yet for a value. I asked about whether my mods would help or hurt the value, and he said that most likely, the supercharger will help out a little bit with the value. So I guess things are starting to look up a little bit.

Yup, and if it's still usable, you'd probably get more for it selling it than they would give you anyway. I say now that you know, strip every damn aftermarket piece out of the car. They insist that if you do, all stock components be put in the car. When I wrecked my 87, I stripped the motor, and left the stock components sitting on the passenger seat. They were cool with it. They just want to make sure you're not going to get double money for some of it.

Yup, and if it's still usable, you'd probably get more for it selling it than they would give you anyway. I say now that you know, strip every damn aftermarket piece out of the car. They insist that if you do, all stock components be put in the car. When I wrecked my 87, I stripped the motor, and left the stock components sitting on the passenger seat. They were cool with it. They just want to make sure you're not going to get double money for some of it.

I already did that. The car isn't even in my posession. USAA towed it up to Denver to inspect it, and they only gave me one night's notice as to when they were going to do that, so me and my buddy were out in the parking lot at night taking the wheels off, etc. Unfortunately I didn't have all the stock replacements, so the exhaust, springs, blower, etc, were still on there. I'm sure the blower was destroyed in the fire anyway, so I'd get more for it being on the car. They said it wouldn't have mattered if I told them about my mods beforehand anyway, because they consider them part of the car, and the only way you can get money out of them is if it increases the value of the car, so i'm crossing my fingers...

yep, when i totaled mine they said just to put the stock radio and trim pieces on the passenger seat. it just needed to be in the car.

Are you going to try and buy it back? Is there anything left worth salvaging?

U.M.

No, I do not think I'm going to buy it back. There is a lot of work to get that thing running again. At first, I considered an engine swap, but then I realized I don't have the time, money, facility, knowledge, or patitence for that. That is why I'm looking at 99/01 Cobras right now.

If anyone wants my car as a project, I'd love to see it rebuilt by a stangnetter. Everything behind the firewall is perfect still, the interior is perfect. Just needs a new engine (or rebuild the stock one), new fenders, hood, paint, etc. I'm sure you could buy it from them pretty cheap.

I already did that. The car isn't even in my posession. USAA towed it up to Denver to inspect it, and they only gave me one night's notice as to when they were going to do that, so me and my buddy were out in the parking lot at night taking the wheels off, etc. Unfortunately I didn't have all the stock replacements, so the exhaust, springs, blower, etc, were still on there. I'm sure the blower was destroyed in the fire anyway, so I'd get more for it being on the car. They said it wouldn't have mattered if I told them about my mods beforehand anyway, because they consider them part of the car, and the only way you can get money out of them is if it increases the value of the car, so i'm crossing my fingers...

You must have the only insurance company that will pay you for mods on your car even if you didn't tell them about it. When I put the blower on my car I called and asked my insurance company if I added a SC to my car how much would it cost to insure that also and they said they wouldn't even insure the car then, so I called around to see what others said and most wanted an extra $600-700 every 6 months to cover that.

Yeah, no kidding, USAA FTMFW!!! They said that they'll give me more money if they determine that the supercharger increases the worth of the car on the general market. Most people are willing to pay a little more for a SC'd car, so thats where i'll see some value.

USAA also rocks at banking, they gave all of us cadets a $30,000 loan, at 1%, which we don't hafta start paying til we graduate :) So thats how i afforded a blown GT in the first place.

Yeah, no kidding, USAA FTMFW!!! They said that they'll give me more money if they determine that the supercharger increases the worth of the car on the general market. Most people are willing to pay a little more for a SC'd car, so thats where i'll see some value.

USAA also rocks at banking, they gave all of us cadets a $30,000 loan, at 1%, which we don't hafta start paying til we graduate :) So thats how i afforded a blown GT in the first place.

Yeah I have had nothing but good experiences with USAA, I can't say enough about them. So you guys in the military that don't bank with them, start. Seriously guys the best out there hands down.

I'd apologize for Kilgore Trout's implied accusations, but I'm afraid it wouldn't mean much. I did stand up for you solely on the fact that you are a cadet at the AF Academy. I'm retired AF myself and I know what it takes to get accepted into the Academy, let alone make it all the way through. My son was planning on applying for the Academy until he read through the package and found out it takes a hell of a lot more than just excellent grades to qualify.

Please don't use Kilgore's actions as a portrayal of Stangnet as a whole. Sometimes he's just bitter and mean.

U.M.

:flag:

I would like to add however, that your unfortunate incident is the VERY reason why we don't allow officers to hold, use, carry, or apply tools of ANY kind when within visual distance of military aircraft. :D

Good luck with the final outcome of your car though. Very sad.