My Keys are locked in my car and i need to leave!

mackey

Jan 25, 2003
Beverly, Massachusetts
My keys are locked in my car and i need to leave asap! how do i get in. I have powerlocks. windows are all the way up :[. took them off so that i could warm up the car cause its freezing :[. PM me the info on how if you do not want to post it.

• Sponsors (?)

i locked my keys in my car while it was warming up on a cold day. i ended up calling a local lock smith to slim jim the lock and get me in. it cost $50.

another time i had my key stolen and had to call the lock smith again. this time he came with a keychain full of ford templates (200 keys or so) and tried the keys one by one until he found the one that would open the door and then had to find the 2nd one to start the car.

CALL A LOCKSMITH.

Sorry no advise on how to get in. Unless you have glass coverage then you can break a window and get it replaced for free.
When ever I warm up a car or leave the keys in it I always leave the window open enough to get my arm in. It might not be as warm when you get in but at least you can get it.

make a spare, put it in your wallet, purse or pocket and lock your doors when you're warming it up...also helps when you lock your keys in your car w/o it running :nice: I locked my keys in my car more than once and decided it was time for the ol "spare set in wallet" trick :spot:

What about a clothes hanger to pop the lock? I did it on my last GT, and on my mom's 95 Montero. Both have power locks. I too have a spare set of keys, tucked away in my room. Try the coat hanger, worked for me.

Get a VERY thing long screwdriver. Stick it in the slot under the door handle where the hinge is. Feel around for the door pin (the thing you push down to lock the doors on the inside) you will feel it. When you do, pry it up.

Should not take more than 30 seconds.

Our cars are easy to steal

dude the coat hanger, bend it at the end, stick it all the way to the bottom, turn it so the curved part is facing the inside of the car and pull upwards. It's real easy, just takes a min...

Mustang5L5 said:
Get a VERY thing long screwdriver. Stick it in the slot under the door handle where the hinge is. Feel around for the door pin (the thing you push down to lock the doors on the inside) you will feel it. When you do, pry it up.

Should not take more than 30 seconds.

Our cars are easy to steal

:nice: This should work...thats how they steal our cars. :(