my lca install (pics)

Suspect

Aug 25, 2004
GA.
was an easy install, only bumped into one problem. the exhaust had to get unbolted cuz it was in the way.
wheels off :p
View attachment 399265

on jacks and springs out
View attachment 399266

sway bar unbolted and out
View attachment 399268
View attachment 399271

have to flip this bracket
View attachment 399273

this clip holds the line
View attachment 399275
View attachment 399277

control arms stock/MM (i actually did one at a time)
View attachment 399279
View attachment 399281

lca in
View attachment 399283

spring going back in (i used duct tape to hold the iso) ;D
View attachment 399285
View attachment 399287

havent gotten to drive it yet. had to come in and shower so i could watch ufc 68. ill let ya'll know 2morrow how they feel.

• Sponsors (?)

they look nice i was considering getting some uppers and lowers but that looks like a lot of work lol :p is it that bad?

yea i have the bushings for the uppers, but hear its such a pita i decided not to do them. maybe get someone else to. :D

not bad at all. prolly 4 hours by myself. and it was the 1st time i ever did em, plus taking breaks, pics, and running into the whole exhaust having to come off. i could prolly do it alot faster now that ive done it.

Thats cool, I've got those exact control arms sittin in a box in my room right now, waiting for warm weather to install them. I also got the FMS uppers and new axle bushings with the tool that MM sells to press them out. I'm sure its going to be a PITA to swap those, but I figured I'd spend a full day at it and do it ALL, and I'm getting alot of axle-wrap so I know they're shot anyways.

Question: I see you just unbolted the shocks and lowered the axle until the springs were free. What was supporting the axle after this? Was the weight of everything just hanging from the quad shocks and the uppers? Also how hard was it to align the hole for the axle bushing to insert the bolt? I heard people say its a PITA to align it to go in...

hook me up with that tool after done. :D

i did one at a time. so the one side i was working on was held up by a jack near the arm/axle. other side was left hanging. the rear didnt move too much cuz it almost lined up. but i used a handle of a hammer (wrapped with cloth) to move it just a pinch to line the holes up. and the bolt went right thru easy. wasnt a pita at all.

the pita was unbolting my exhaust.. had to get a socket to reach the frame/arm bolt. and with the mufflers right there it just wouldnt work. so they had to come off.

havent driven too much, but it feels so much more firm. i cant light my tires up in 2nd and 3rd anymore. i can even feel them in the turns. im real happy with them so far!

Also how hard was it to align the hole for the axle bushing to insert the bolt? I heard people say its a PITA to align it to go in...

it is a pain, the best way i have found(done a few :D ) is to put a ratchet strap around the axle and hook it up to something else. then ratchet the axle closer to the front of the car----hole will line up and bolt slides right in.

i knew the quads could come off, but i just left em. actually forgot about them altogether while doing it. they arent in the way of anything.

u can go to MM and print out the instructions if u dont have any. some of my pics can help also, so ill leave em up. :)

i knew the quads could come off, but i just left em. actually forgot about them altogether while doing it. they arent in the way of anything.

u can go to MM and print out the instructions if u dont have any. some of my pics can help also, so ill leave em up. :)

Coolness. Pics=great help to my retarded ass.