My LED taillight panels... which version should I use??

• Sponsors (?)

haha actually, Id hate to ruin this for you, but your the second mustang owner ive seen with this done, there is a nice black lx hatch around my block with led lights, its a very trick idea, i was actually goin to do it myself haha and you beat me too it, but It looks awesome man. One question where did you by all the led stuff?

but it looks awesome man

I'm using red LEDs from a place I found on the internet. I was going to use white, but oddly enough, to get ones as bright as these red ones, I'd have to spend like 55 or 60 cents a piece on them.

Mach1... Did the guy you know make panels or did he just get the replacement bulbs you can buy on ebay or at pep boys? I'd like to see his setup just to compare them a bit.

Ive havent actually talked to the guy yet, havent been able to catch up to him..His LEDS are alot bigger then yours, I dont believe they were just bulbs cause they filled the whole turn signal portion of the taillight but I could be wrong, Can you List a parts list for me or pm it to me? Thanks man

I don't really have a parts list. Unless you buy the exact same LEDs I bought, all of the components are going to be different, so it wouldn't do you much good. I really don't want to say where I bought the LEDs though. No offense or anything, but they only have 500 left and the sales guy told me they're closeout items. I won't be able to get any more once those are gone, so I'll have to do all the calculations over again.

That's an awesome idea. Although I'm using an antique monitor tonight (good one took a crap) and I'm in VGA video mode, so I can't really see how good they look. Just watched an episode of "Trucks" today, and they had LED taillights for a '67 Chevy pickup truck. They looked awesome on the show, but they didn't show them lighting up. :notnice:

Cool idea, thanks for posting it up! Figure out how to produce those things, and you'll probably sell a ton of 'em. :nice: :nice: :nice:

Tried2Live said:
hm... I see them fine, but they might be in my cache.

My host seems to go down quite a bit, so if they aren't there now, they'll be there a little later. Just keep checking the thread I guess.

I just found this thread and I see them fine, so maybe the host was down at the time. Anyway I like the first set the best. Can this be adapted to 94-95 tail lights? I like my three bar setup but would love to have them be LED's.

i can see them now, the server must have been down..

they look sweet! if you ever make a wiring diagram i'd like to see it(i'll pay ya for the diagram if need be) i'd love to do it to mine.
:banana: :banana: :nice:

sldghmr said:
I just found this thread and I see them fine, so maybe the host was down at the time. Anyway I like the first set the best. Can this be adapted to 94-95 tail lights? I like my three bar setup but would love to have them be LED's.

I would imagine it's not a huge deal to make them for any year really. I'd be a little hesitant for 96+ since the lenses are so transparent. You'd be able to see the circuitboard too easily... might look kinda tacky.