My little/big project (PICS)

• Sponsors (?)

So just to clear things up, what was it like when that thing let go? Were you getting on it and then BLAMO? Looking at those pics makes me sad (tear) but then looking at where you are taking the car well.... Amazing. Everyone on this site loves to follow your work man. You are gifted. My condolences on the old but contrats on the new!
Keep us updated, PICS PICS PICS!!!!
(Still clean and sober)
-fawcett

Thanks for the encouragment! Good news is, Livernois called me Monday to let me know the engine is on it's way.. So I should see it mid week, and things should really pick up by this weekend. The only major part I have left to do is find the Cometic Headgaskets. More $$.. If money only flowed easly I would have had this thing on the road a week ago.

As far as the funds to do this and my 94, well this car is why my 94 has been put on hold.. You can only do so much at a time, I'm not rich by any means. This one mistake cost me big time, and I'll be paying off more loans until I die, lol.. ( I really hope not!) After this, the 01 is DONE, except for a few little things like interior work and an aftermarket catback exhaust.

The motor just let go real easy, that's why I'm having trouble comprehending the extent of the damage.. I mean just look at it! I was cruising about 10-15mph and then just quickly rolled onto the throttle, and then BAM!, the turbo just started to hit full boost and the RPM's were realitvly low. ??

couple more of the color.. I can't wait to get this in the sun. I'll post some updated pics tonight!

newstuff12.jpg

newstuff13.jpg

newstuff14.jpg

Attachments

• newstuff12.jpg
    newstuff12.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 46
  • newstuff13.jpg
    newstuff13.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 53
  • newstuff14.jpg
    newstuff14.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 57
Looks sweet.

I gotta say this, I recently started following another car forum for my daily driver (bought a few months ago), and it makes me laugh the comparison between forums. Here you have people like Oink doing amazing -simply amazing- builds, and tons of others doing HCI, blower, gears or other significant mods. Over there people talk about new wheels or an air filter as a "mod." Maybe it's just me, but the contrast is striking.

GRGT1994 said:
Looks sweet.

I gotta say this, I recently started following another car forum for my daily driver (bought a few months ago), and it makes me laugh the comparison between forums. Here you have people like Oink doing amazing -simply amazing- builds, and tons of others doing HCI, blower, gears or other significant mods. Over there people talk about new wheels or an air filter as a "mod." Maybe it's just me, but the contrast is striking.
i know exactly what you're talking about.