Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Jeff We dropped the body onto the coyote yesterday! We did the tilt engine method since the sway bar brackets were painted already. Thats one tight fit with LT's bolted up. Wiring was already tucked, hydro boost brakes run etc, so the hang ons and its ready to roll, decided to go JLT liked the look on your build. Thanks for the post!

Guessing a week left....

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Jeff We dropped the body onto the coyote yesterday! We did the tilt engine method since the sway bar brackets were painted already. Thats one tight fit with LT's bolted up. Wiring was already tucked, hydro boost brakes run etc, so the hang ons and its ready to roll, decided to go JLT liked the look on your build. Thanks for the post!

Guessing a week left....
Post some pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Guessing a week left....
anytime man. I'm glad it's coming together and yeah it's like a shoe horn getting that thing in but it looks right at home can't wait to see pics of it

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Not the engine yet but big bump !!!..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425797418.405188.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted the Glenn's but I did some homework and liked that the bulky pump setup was not gonna be mounted in front of the tank . also liked that this came with an 03/04 style cobra tank .
What sealed the deal is i spoke with Nick @84Ttop and he agreed this would be perfect and he's personally used it . So I hit yellowbullet and someone was nice enough to let me use there racer discount . That brought it to like 85 bucks more then the glenns now . SOLD !

12 pack of wix filters on the way and a case of brad pen oil

Last edited:
Brad Penn is the $hit!! I won't use any other oil in my 84', we abused the hell out of that car last year and the bearings were great coming out of it for the refresh. If it wasn't for changing the pistons I would not of hesitated to go another season on the same bearings.

Jeff, I'm hoping you're not planning on using all 12 of those filters on at once :confused::doh: (I like Wix and use them as well, just be careful not to use the race filters)

Brad Penn is the $hit!! I won't use any other oil in my 84', we abused the hell out of that car last year and the bearings were great coming out of it for the refresh. If it wasn't for changing the pistons I would not of hesitated to go another season on the same bearings.

Jeff, I'm hoping you're not planning on using all 12 of those filters on at once :confused::doh: (I like Wix and use them as well, just be careful not to use the race filters)
Regular street filters did my homework on the race filters . Was just tired of having to go to the store everytime I change the oil on this thing . engine builder recommended the brad pen . Also ordered the autolite ar3933 again got 16 of those coming so I should be almost set

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ok, so where do I order this Brad Penn oil from for my 363? And Autolite 3933??? Do you mean 3923 or is the 3933 a special plug for boosted applications?
I orderd the case of 12 on eBay for like 75 bucks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425923535.763347.jpg
I used these at the recommendation of nick and had no issue I believe it is a step colder for the blower stuff

The AR3933 has a cut back strap and is specifically designed for racing applications. The strap is cut directly over the electrode making a more direct path for the spark, I like to use these or the NGK V power plugs in boosted applications. The autolite plugs last a lot longer than the NGK plugs in my opinion but are more than twice the cost. We sell the autolite's for 5$( or somewhere in that neighborhood) while the NGK's are 2$ a plug (Granted I buy a case of 144 at a time to keep in the trailer). I personally change a set of plugs every pass or every other pass looking for detonation and discard them afterwards, the cost savings is what I look at for me. For a boosted high horsepower application the autolights are the go to as you should get a season out of two sets of plugs if you're running it hard and the tune up is spot on.

The AR3933 has a cut back strap and is specifically designed for racing applications. The strap is cut directly over the electrode making a more direct path for the spark, I like to use these or the NGK V power plugs in boosted applications. The autolite plugs last a lot longer than the NGK plugs in my opinion but are more than twice the cost. We sell the autolite's for 5$( or somewhere in that neighborhood) while the NGK's are 2$ a plug (Granted I buy a case of 144 at a time to keep in the trailer). I personally change a set of plugs every pass or every other pass looking for detonation and discard them afterwards, the cost savings is what I look at for me. For a boosted high horsepower application the autolights are the go to as you should get a season out of two sets of plugs if you're running it hard and the tune up is spot on.
Case of 144 ? And to think I was cringing over 63 bucks for 16 lol