Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

My last fox you had to hold both the handle and your jaw just right to get it to open. I knew the trick and it was super easy, trying to watch someone else open the door was amusing. Good anti theft device, until they break the window and go all Dukes of Hazard on it. :)
Yes exactly . Watch someone try and open it and your waiting for the handle in there hand . You go over with a little finesse and your in there . But it's just something that's irked me something bad so I am finally fixing that

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

• Sponsors (?)

We're live . We now have wide band 02 and closed up the smog port. And a drive shaft ready to go into a TKO
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430974971.565632.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430974980.546596.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430974988.313674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You threw me for a loop a moment ago. I didn't remember this thread having anything in it about smoothing an engine bay. Lol.

Hurry up, let's hear it run.

Joe
My friends slow moving 85 coupe , mini tubbed , 9in , about to get a 2jz and t56

Reactions: 1 users
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431057574.249181.jpg

@84Ttop @boosted92lx @Chuckman @hoopty5.0 this seem right to you guys I know you guys have or installed the same TRANS ? Why does it almost seem the drive shaft is too long ? Am I missing something here . I just looked a picture underneath someone else's car and it looks the same that just had his done . I just want to make sure I am not gonna run into a issue

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431057574.249181.jpg

@84Ttop @boosted92lx @Chuckman @hoopty5.0 this seem right to you guys I know you guys have or installed the same TRANS ? Why does it almost seem the drive shaft is too long ? Am I missing something here . I just looked a picture underneath someone else's car and it looks the same that just had his done . I just want to make sure I am not gonna run into a issue

And the guy that responds didn't even get an invite:nonono:.

Nope, that is waay wrong. You should have an inch of extension sticking out of that transmission to take up for the swing arc movement of the rear, and axle wrap. You are gonna have to get that dude shortened.

Nope, that is waay wrong. You should have an inch of extension sticking out of that transmission to take up for the swing arc movement of the rear, and axle wrap. You are gonna have to get that dude shortened.
I'm late to the party on this one... Mike is absolutely correct on this one though.

Just thinking out loud, is the rear hanging at full extension or is it loaded with the weight of the chassis? I've seen in a few cases that the rear has a lot of lateral forward movement when up on a lift effectively shortening the distance between the axle and the transmission that should be lessened when the axle is at ride height

Is the yoke actually on the seal? I just went back and did a double take...

I'm late to the party on this one... Mike is absolutely correct on this one though.

Just thinking out loud, is the rear hanging at full extension or is it loaded with the weight of the chassis? I've seen in a few cases that the rear has a lot of lateral forward movement when up on a lift effectively shortening the distance between the axle and the transmission that should be lessened when the axle is at ride height

Is the yoke actually on the seal? I just went back and did a double take...
It's not only "on" the seal, it's compressing it hard enough to make it bulge.

That will just never do.

Reactions: 1 user

You know my instinct was to tag you last night and I didn't . What you said were my exact thoughts . I'm just confused on why it's too long when it's all stuff that should fit . The engine is in its stock position k member wise etc .

Well Nick nails it again . Spoke to him before he said he seen this once and believes it was when Kris first did the after market block in his car . Told me to put some weight on the rear wheels to simulate ride height . Sure enough this f u ker picked up over an inch of play now before it bottoms out . And I don't have the full weight on the floor just my jack holding the weight of the pumpkin . Will get better as the car is on the ground so I think I am golden !
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431099751.175693.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I made a comment about that in my build thread to, the actual seal us further in and the outer "billow" collapases some. Just make sure to lube it or it will squeak.
I threw some grease on the shaft last night when I put it in