Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Oh that's good information... Cuts down in the middle, does that mean it pushes more volume out the side vents to keep the car just as cool?

Hmm, I wonder about my question haha. Will it be more volume, or will I need to port and polish my air vents? [emoji13]

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh that's good information... Cuts down in the middle, does that mean it pushes more volume out the side vents to keep the car just as cool?

Hmm, I wonder about my question haha. Will it be more volume, or will I need to port and polish my air vents? [emoji13]

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk
The gauges block most of it . Nothing to exclusively to direct it to the path of the vents .

I meant the original side vents of the dash, drivers side/passenger side, not the side vents of the gauge cluster. I may still get one of those still. It looks cool, and soon I plan to finally upgrade my MAF and fuel injectors, get a tune chip, tune the car, and will need the A/F ratio gauge. Either that, or I get a new gauge cluster all together. I really want the cool digital one from dakota digital...

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=896/category_id=434/mode=prod/prd896.htm

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFYBcWpI_0

Reactions: 2 users
I meant the original side vents of the dash, drivers side/passenger side, not the side vents of the gauge cluster. I may still get one of those still. It looks cool, and soon I plan to finally upgrade my MAF and fuel injectors, get a tune chip, tune the car, and will need the A/F ratio gauge. Either that, or I get a new gauge cluster all together. I really want the cool digital one from dakota digital...

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=896/category_id=434/mode=prod/prd896.htm

nice but that has to be $800...... I still havent seen a nice replacement gauge kit.. Florida 5.0 makes one that used Autometer gauges but the black plastic bezel doesn't impress me. I should make a plug and play digital replacement dash kit and make a million dollars.

@madmike1157 .. you want to go in half on this investment? lol

Reactions: 1 users

Eh side vents work ok . I have gauge stuffed in the drivers one as well . Like I said I'm not a pillar fan . So I have my afr gauge in the drivers vent .

LoL, you might as well just get rid of your A/C system it sounds like!

Mike, have you seen the HyperSilver from FastFords? There is a video of it showing the inside and you can see the dakota digital I want. When the car is off it shows the led gauge cluster still flashing and the needles moving fast back and forth. Timer I assume. And when key turned to accessory position.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/covera...le-mustangs-fast-fords-magazine-at-sema-2013/

Ac is on the shelf . Evap is new and capped off eventually the rest will be too . But I'm not worried about it right this sec .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

LoL, you might as well just get rid of your A/C system it sounds like!

Mike, have you seen the HyperSilver from FastFords? There is a video of it showing the inside and you can see the dakota digital I want. When the car is off it shows the led gauge cluster still flashing and the needles moving fast back and forth. Timer I assume. And when key turned to accessory position.

http://www.hotrod.com/events/covera...le-mustangs-fast-fords-magazine-at-sema-2013/

I saw that car in person, it was a beautiful car; however, there were a few things that bugged me. The front tires were.too wide and even with the fenders rolled, the sides of the tires were getting eat up by the fenders. That ruined it for me, because now it became undrivable. I know it wasn't really built as a driver, but it just lost its magic knowing it was just a show piece.

Joe

I should have known this, I have been staring at your engine bay for the past several months during your postings....
I only pulled the compressor when i added the catch can . i didn't check with a fitting before i placed it where i did. So eventually ill move it to the back of the valve cover and then the compressor will go back in.

Reactions: 1 user
Today is the day . The rear is getting done . Don't ask how or why but let's just be in awe that the 28 spline posi unit and axles have lasted all this time .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 5 users
Today is the day . The rear is getting done . Don't ask how or why but let's just be in awe that the 28 spline posi unit and axles have lasted all this time .

Sorry if I missed it, what are we going with?? 31 spline, obviously, but details?

Sorry if I missed it, what are we going with?? 31 spline, obviously, but details?
620773a8aaaa2527f2e2089f91b5c19d.jpg
68c39b2c7183606c96c8835fcad1a3a6.jpg
e19d0cc6c429504dc8c061f2a1be4f30.jpg
623535ecfdacf2da5e34498a1c5b92d4.jpg
f140498ddff4d08fc1f111a9801ae7ca.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Took the car to the track tonight. Suspension is working the car dead hooked every pass. Air was terrible and humid. The first pass out i thought i struck gold and went 1.5 60 . This was not the case as i was super happy with the car hooking and stuff that it actually went 2.0 60 and i was just so in awe that i read the slip wrong. Running no time i had the right side of the slip without all the lines to say what each is and i looked at it fast. Bummer. . First pass jitters im so tense i cant slam second gear i eat a sandwhich in between. Still down from my first outing when i shook it down last fall. Car goes 11.94 at 123 after just sitting in traffic driving to the track.

Let it cool down make another hit . Leave 3500 ish stepping it up a bit on the launch . Bam dead hooks bogs and takes off. No lift shift slam second hazed the tires. Peddled it every so slightly and stayed in it. Car Goes 11.66 at 124. 1.9 60ft

3rd pass . try it again 4k rpm launch. Didnt slip the clutch enough hooks so hard it bogs down and almost stalls on me and then takes off. i knew the run was junk but it went 11.9x at 123.

All in all im pleased im getting used to what it likes and doesn't like. Next trip out im gonna keep playing with the launch. Car still needs a tire. I wont be back out until after mustang week as i dont want to kill anything before i go out there with it.

@MY 85 GT @84Ttop @mikestang63 @Boosted92LX @srtthis and anyone else who cares lol.

Im very pleased the car keeps getting faster im getting more comfortable with it as well. And the tune is still super safe too the way i like it on the street. There is prob a safe 30 hp still in the tune up . But this isnt a max effort type deal here. Just having some fun

Reactions: 12 users
Sounds like a fun time. I want to go do that if I ever get all of my bugs fixed (probably will never happen)... but, I know it will be really disappointing..lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Is that a 555r tire on there? What does suspension consist of again? Dead hookin with your hp is impressive. If you remember my struggles, it wasn't a dead hook, it was spinning that killed my 60ft until I got the suspension figured out. Good job!

Joe
Yeah it's a 555r . I was shocked . It's got team z street beast lowers , team z drag spring , hpm heim joint uppers with upr heim joints in the rear . Strange 10 ways front and rear . Just regular eibach lowering springs up front . Both sway bars still in .

Reactions: 3 users