Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Brand new motorcraft brake light switch . Got the car out and washed from the trek on the trailer back from MW . All is good in the world again

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

How hard is it to do a wire tuck? I'm pulling my engine in a month or so (hopefully fingers crossed) and I love the clean look of it but have no ider where to start.

P.S. Who's drinking? I want in on this.
Been at the river all day so i'm enjoying a yummy Margarita on the rocks. :cheers:
The electrical is easy so long as you tag everything as you remove it so you know where it belongs when it all goes back together. I also have some schematics that make life easier. See my thread, i just did all this not too long ago.

Reactions: 3 users
How hard is it to do a wire tuck? I'm pulling my engine in a month or so (hopefully fingers crossed) and I love the clean look of it but have no ider where to start.

P.S. Who's drinking? I want in on this.

It's not so much hard as a PITA and very time consuming.. you have to pull the wheels, inner fender, mark all the wires, undo the stock wire loom. pull each through the back hole in the shock tower.... relocate and secure......and sometimes extend wires... took me about 5 hours for the driver side alone but I did not relocate the solenoid as the power wires I have going to the starter, trunk mounted battery, and alternator would not make it to inside the fender..... I'd have to go back under the car and relocate them all and with 6 bad discs in my back and no lift that ain't happenin... The passenger side is not as bad but some times you need to extend the MAF wires....

Reactions: 1 users
fcc57bb0c6d9ea7c7ae6c1eb1dbed8d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 8 users
looks good man. anything else to do before track night?
No sir , the actual lug nuts will be here today so I just need to go and actually put the wheels on the right way and im ready to go.

Reactions: 1 user
All that for nothing. try again next week. We had 20-30 min of rain for raceway to decide to call it at 2 pm . Rain was gone at 230. Track doesn't open the gates until 430 and start running until 5. Either way the air was crap humidity sky high.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user