Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

So it's out . I believe part of it may be my fault . I think I messed the adjustment up from the get go on this one .

The chatter never really went away either which led to me to slip it real good to stop the chatter . I think that glazed the pucks over as well as the finish on the flywheel wasn't right . I think I'm just gonna order a new flywheel . Oh well expensive lesson to learn .

03558f0d2dc546fc4734a149a0e60555.jpg

dc433eef0988b4fc0897b953abc3be01.jpg

56ec0aa7a1126dbd0d4fc637dc057bb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

damn Jeff- how old is the clutch and flywheel. Thats a lot of heat marks

February . The heat I attribute to me over slipping it to try and stop the chatter. I had never experienced this with any other clutch I've ever had . Hell the used centerforce pressure plate with a new disc never did it when I first put the Tremec in with the new motor . We even dynoed it with that setup etc .

Lesson learned here . I had the adjustment too tight I think too .

Reactions: 1 user
effcb3fbb1091d44c2320bab9aabd800.jpg

Started at 11:30 . 230 am now . Just needs mid pipe and fluid put back in . Calling it a night . Not too bad time wise considering I spent a half hour maybe a little less fighting with putting the new dowels in the new flywheel . Pedal feels amazing just on a quick push or two . You'd almost think it was hydraulic .

Reactions: 7 users
Were out and about .... Dare I say the pedal almost feels too light ?

It will just take some getting used to I guess

f0b10cd6bfe3c858fd2ed3cea3a9499b.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
51e3150a175f74e817bc8947e2815bcf.jpg

a63d1664338be0625b3f2f3502934474.jpg

Went to street wars import vs domestic yesterday. I had planned on racing this event but didn't want to hurt the brand new clutch . Still breaking it in .

On the way home I decide to get on the car a little . I'm thinking wtf it's like the clutch is slipping . Then I realize rpms aren't shooting up there just holding around 4K rpm and then once it pushes past the car begins to just break up . Look at the afr during this and sure enough it goes to richen up and once it goes into boost the pump can't keep up and it starts to go lean .

Pump got so loud i felt it surge through my feet . I'm gonna pull it today or tomorrow and have it sent out to be rebuilt . Install the controller and hopefully no more issues . It was a blessing in disguise I didn't try and race the car yesterday.

Reactions: 9 users
3d6cdd507ce238484ce035de28be837e.jpg

97ede9b465294848a4e95663bad1cde8.jpg

Damnnnnn that tank was full . Well I know why my gauge doesn't work .... The fuel must have sloshed so bad that it ripped the pump and bracket aeromotive gives you out of the supplied clips and was laying in the tank .

Also the vent tube was crushed to the body which I am sure didn't help anything .

So pump goes out tomorrow to get rebuilt . Ordered a new sending unit and vent grommet . Gonna re do the wiring for the controller install . And that should fix it

Reactions: 2 users