Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_5712.PNG

Reactions: 4 users
IMG_5721.PNG
Worked on the passanger side some yesterday. Not perfect . I hate exhaust work .

Waiting on clamps and stuff to show up from summit so it's all roughly sitting in place

Reactions: 2 users
IMG_5722.PNG
Lazy me didn't feel like moving the truck to get down to eye level . Should be worth it when it's done. I like the way they wrap up around the fuel tank.

Reactions: 5 users
My boy @MikeH686 gave me a killer deal on a MSD crank trigger setup and 95lb injectors . Saved me a ton of cash which is making the fast xfi and the new blower basically a reality now.

Reactions: 5 users
These tail pipes are driving me up a wall honestly. The 3 inch pipe with having a 2.5 inch muffler is making it a pain in my ass. The pipe of course will slide over the muffler outlet but clamped to it i dont believe will be tight enough to seal. Using adapters even cut down makes it impossible to get the pipe into place on the muffler because it pushes it way to far back.

Im waiting on clamps and stuff from summit that will be here tomorrow night and then i can do more . Until then they just sit mocked in place slid over the outlet of the muffler.

These tail pipes are driving me up a wall honestly. The 3 inch pipe with having a 2.5 inch muffler is making it a pain in my ass. The pipe of course will slide over the muffler outlet but clamped to it i dont believe will be tight enough to seal. Using adapters even cut down makes it impossible to get the pipe into place on the muffler because it pushes it way to far back.

Im waiting on clamps and stuff from summit that will be here tomorrow night and then i can do more . Until then they just sit mocked in place slid over the outlet of the muffler.

This'll fix it :)
IMG_1303.JPG

lol

Reactions: 1 user
could just go full 3" and not have to worry about necking it down :shrug:

im sure you have enough motor and boost that it wouldnt be too big

espcially if I turn it up like I plan to . I can't find a done Setup already without tail pipes though . And I think if I just clamp the :poo: out of those around the muffler that may or may not work.

That was my next resort OR cut small reliefs in the pipe so I can use the 3 inch band clamp and it will shrink right down to the muffler when clamped .

Reactions: 1 user