Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by TOOLOW91, Feb 8, 2012.

1. And it begins syzygera.jpg u3y5e5ez.jpg

stangboy and MY 85 GT like this.
  2. TRANS is ready to come out mid pipe is out , driver side upper TRANS bolt is fighting me so I called a quits for the night

3. Are you swapping out the trans along with the blower upgrade?

TOOLOW91 likes this.
  4. not yet . unfortunately right this moment it's just not in my budget . maybe later on or if I get some good overtime being that the TRANS is one of the last things to go back in . I may freshen it as that is only 275 bucks and a few hours on the bench

A5literMan likes this.
  5. e3amynu5.jpg

brand new bearing retainer shot . only a year old

6. Steel, or one of the stock aluminum ones? That was my biggest pet peeve with the T5. I went through three of them.

7. Brand new steel one from latemodelresto , it's there brand though I guess I will be ordering a ford this time around . that explains double clutching to get into first

8. Possibly gonna have a new short built. stay tuned

9. Shortblock?

10. Yesir

stangboy and A5literMan like this.
  11. Now what are you doing???....LOL....

12. Details! we need Details!!!

MY 85 GT likes this.
  13. once it's official I will divulge !

14. That is a tease.....

krazedstang likes this.
  15. It's nothing fancy . The gist is I pulled the upper off the other night Nd there is a bit of oil and fuel smell so I am
    thinking the motor is not too healthy .

My buddy has an x275 car he plays with , his engine builder may build me just a 306 forged pistons with all the machine work etc so we have a stout bottom end with no issue

stangboy likes this.