Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by TOOLOW91, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Suspensefully waiting for this project to be finished.... How is everything for the engine coming along?
  2. Hey Jeff we gotta go to E-town..Line up next to each other...Hopefully i can get my Mustang there this yr...if not i will just take my
  3. Well last night I had a brain storm and remembered I have 500 dollars in rods and 700 in custom pistons from my old motor . so I am building the motor with that just waiting on taxes to move foward . slowly but surely evenu5u4.jpg

so it will be a long rod 306 like my old motor
    A5literMan and 84Ttop like this.
  4. Don't count me out! I'm only about 1 hour 15 mins from e town. I could bring the 91GT for a little street car shoot out action!
  5. Awesome we all deffinitley have to have some fun once I am all done
    stangboy and 84Ttop like this.
  6. Looking Foward to it...cant wait!!!
    TOOLOW91 and 84Ttop like this.
  7. re2uvedu.jpg

forgot I had these slugs . this is what the new motor will be built with . long rod 306 eagle h beam 5.400 rods Ross custom flat tops . that should do the trick I think @84Ttop
    stangboy and A5literMan like this.
  8. ^^ Nice!!
  9. Wish I didn't live far from etown lol why couldn't it have been Mir you guys come down to hahah
    TOOLOW91 likes this.
  10. @84Ttop I don't know how much you know about long rod motors of if you can ask for me , am I gonna have detonation issues with the blower because of the piston being slower at tdc ? I am reading mixed reviews , stangnet sticky says yes search on other forums says the opposite that it won't have an issue .
    Old Skooler likes this.
  11. Curious to see your results. What's the max rpm do you plan on spinning it? Hyd roller?Heads?etc.
  12. Me to lol , max maybe 62 if I am really beating it up but other wise it won't be shifted too high , Hyd roller ,heads I am unsure of waiting for my w2s so I can see what I may be getting back before I do anything else
  13. I'm gonna be ignorant here what's a long rod 306 I assume it's .30 over with what? And what does this benefit?
  14. 5.400 rod slower on the down stroke from tdc faster up from Bdc , this is what was in that motor I had I am trying to use it if I can .
  15. You'll be fine with the longer rod. I haven't seen any issues with the long rod at all. We just finished dynoing a long rod 306 w/ TFS heads that made 630 rwhp with the Si trim and really conservative timing.
    A5literMan likes this.
  16. thanks pal
  17. Do you have to put reliefs in the cylinder skirts with the longer rod
  18. Yesir
  19. Thank you for over an hour of reading! It's been a great book so far, keep it coming looks and sounds great brother!