Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I agree nick to a point...that's why I have a huge bottle which will not run out while crusing around and also a light so I know if the take is empty and a light for the pump so i know that is working too..my car tho isn't a all out race car..either lol...and for what is worth I like the cold IATs with the meth injection on a nice 90 degree summer day.....but I agree things break and mess up...but to be honest I have a snow performance kit I paid a lot for and knock on wood or my Head...lol it hasn't skipped a beat yet...
I installed a snow kit for a friend same setup as you awesome kit I just worry . @84Ttop what is too hot of an IAT in your eyes ?

Ride home moderate traffic we got to 206 not over heating but still too warm back to 196 when I started moving again it's about 88. degrees with 50 percent humidity aka :poo: air

Cool Jeff that might help...196 isn't to bad I think your ok to like 220 anything over that I would worry.....
as you can see I am deff being over protective with it but I just have so much wrapped up in it here I just don't want to have to do something major again . Id be real upset

My car in boost hits 200 or so but cools down fast when driving again....but I have no way to measure intake temp im sure that is cool when I drive the car hard and I get out afterwards the intake feels way cooler then the rest of the motor im thinking that is the meth helping a little...

My car in boost hits 200 or so but cools down fast when driving again....but I have no way to measure intake temp im sure that is cool when I drive the car hard and I get out afterwards the intake feels way cooler then the rest of the motor im thinking that is the meth helping a little...
that most deff is meth helping a lot of bit lol

As far as IATs go, I've ran them well over 300 degrees on race gas and never as much as a clipped plug. On pump gas you need to be a little more conservative with the timing once Iats start to get much over 200 degrees. With the pulleys that you're running now I wouldn't be concerned at all. I would refrain from hot lapping the car at the track but that's about it. The tune can be setup to pull timing based on IATs as well. When/if you swap to a renegade type lower pulley you could consider an after cooler but it still isn't a have to have for me. We ran a 331 with an x trim for years non intercooled and went bottom 9's with ease and still ran pump gas

ok I grew some balls tonight pretty sure I seen about 8lbs in 2nd gear and I am finally happy because this thing feels fast AFR was rich so I felt ok with that no more until it's tuned I just needed to know that it actually is fast .

I am still getting oil in the intake esp after my boost run so that's an issue and it's sitting right in the tb and leaking through my blade and down my valve cover . I got a oil separator to put in the line to stop this for now . I thought I was going on fire I pulled over checked it and found no that's just oil burning off the valve cover and header lol

I almost took the wheels off because you didn't approve right away ! I even tagged you but I know you keep this place running so you get a pass

Haha... Sometimes it takes me more time to make the rounds. The wheels turned out great! ! All nice and snug inside of their respective wheel wells. :nice:

Those deep dish are awesomesauce. The whole combo (car color, whheels, stance) has gotta look sweet at night too. :drool:

Try running an open breather and go into boost lucky i have an old sock wrapped Around it to catch some...i still need to do my catch can...that should help alot..and i think if any only is getting in the intake that can make it run richer i think....could be wrong on that one...

I would be careful going into boost without the tune if I were you, do you know where the timing is under boost? If the AFR looks good, that is only one piece of the puzzle.

Try running an open breather and go into boost lucky i have an old sock wrapped Around it to catch some...i still need to do my catch can...that should help alot..and i think if any only is getting in the intake that can make it run richer i think....could be wrong on that one...
Oil in the fuel lowers octane. Not awesome for boost.