My New 89 Convertible Lx

Vertistang93

Mar 18, 2012
Vail, Colorado
I found this clean 26k mile Convertible and couldn't pass it up. I sold my 93 a while back before moving here to Colorado. Looking forward to some small mods but it's way too nice to do too much to it. We will enjoy summer mountain drives.
cc7798fd9174aed1756f87298f8d8a35_zps124639a2.jpg

03f5b9523833acbd7ec340f9eb1f0528_zpse8ad768b.jpg

63bf3bd1a6f84afe763155df00544eb5_zps065df0a0.jpg

5299583503fbfb7b30f485645a25e967_zps87c664aa.jpg

79a8a117cf2bce5e8e57672e6f3a8802_zps24cb9c9a.jpg

c91f6785cbf2c2f249958f65d0b7fcec_zps5e8e1069.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd do whatever you want to do to it, Cars are for enjoying. Bought mine a few years ago with 44K orig miles on it, Said I'd keep it stock- lasted 2 days...lol. 5k later... lol

Wow..... You are one lucky man there! Good buy.... Wow..... And to think I found a ragged out 70K miles 5.0 LX 5-speed & thought i did good way back in '07.... ;) I have to agree with MikeStangs comments; enjoy it any way you like it to be. Don't fall into the "it's low miles, it needs to be stored instead of enjoyed" mentality.... Do with it what you want & drive it! I of course fell into the drag racing daily driver type fold so too speak.... I enjoy the continual process of people giving me the thumbs up & liking the car for what I felt it should be. Sure, there probably are many people whom don't like it; but that is okay.... I love it, it drives the way I want it to, it's fun to drive on the street & the track, & it wasn't built to satisfy other people.....Only me....
10-25-14_zps7dd21e52.jpg

Last edited:
Not really sure to be honest. I don't want to do a 5 lug conversion but bullitts look great on these cars. 93 Cobras would look good but I might just go with some 17" ponies. Maybe you all can help me decide. Only caveat is i don't like black wheels but a darker grey might work too.

I'm with you on black wheels. Some 17" Cobras would look good. I like the SC's like Hoopty's and Toolow's(members on here). I like polished Cobra r's(obviously because I have those myself). Going with a cheap 5 lug conversion opens up a lot of options. 4 lug options are few and far between. They've all been done 1000's of times. If staying 4lug just go with what you like best.

A5literman is right; full length subs are a must & you'll notice the difference immediately. On the same note; a strut tower brace is a must on a 'vert. Again, it's night & day difference you'll notice immediately. Those have been the 1st two mod's on all three of my my current\former fox 'verts..... 4.10 rear gear being 3rd in line on all three.... our 'verts are not exactly being light you know.... ;)

Not really sure to be honest. I don't want to do a 5 lug conversion but bullitts look great on these cars. 93 Cobras would look good but I might just go with some 17" ponies. Maybe you all can help me decide. Only caveat is i don't like black wheels but a darker grey might work too.
In the event you decide to go ahead with a five-lug conversion, one wheel type I've always liked on foxes is the '94-'97 Cobra wheels; preferably the '94-'95 versions with machined finish and unpainted inserts.

A5literman is right; full length subs are a must & you'll notice the difference immediately. On the same note; a strut tower brace is a must on a 'vert. Again, it's night & day difference you'll notice immediately. Those have been the 1st two mod's on all three of my my current\former fox 'verts..... 4.10 rear gear being 3rd in line on all three.... our 'verts are not exactly being light you know.... ;)

Those are my first two mods. I really like driving this car more than my 93. Nothing wrong with it other than a 2" drop which the prior owner screwed up. Thanks guys for the advice. I did just realize it probably needs a tuneup with everything being 26 years old. Lol I just ordered plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It doesn't really have the power it should but it's to be expected with it being so old and so few miles.

5Literman I will prolly take your advice and stay with the 4 lug and go with the 17" ponies.

Thanks for the help all!

Reactions: 1 user