My new blower showed up!

• Sponsors (?)

Have you thought about putting the Mark on a diet if its possible?
Yeah and I also have it on an exercise regiment but the thing is an animal and it likes to eat red meat and bread and patatos..... some fried rice every now and then with some egg rolls. :shrug:

The weight difference between your car and mine is about 200 lbs. For 200lbs I get IRS, dual power seats, automatic EVERYTHING, a moon roof, four real seats, two more cams, 16 more valves and a trunk that fits 5 dead hookers. :nice:

:D

:rlaugh:.....in your dreams.
3893 lbs (wihout me) as measured on corner scales two months ago. Also it was a 55/45 split, thought it would have been more nose heavy. While I am sure the GT is MUCH lighter then my 03 Cobra was it still was over 3800 lbs.

Besides, you forgot to convert from Canadian. :p

Much lighter is an understatement. Your car 3,893lbs. '99-'04 Mustang GT Coupe 3,273-3,317lbs

We're talking no less than a 500-600lbs weight difference here. Our cars are Tubby Bill.....which means we'll just have to add more power to compensate. :D

...BTW. I ran a 12.7X @ 107.XXMPH this weekend in my heavy assed Cougar, hot lapping it and letting out of it at the tops of 2nd and 3rd gear because of detonation issues. Not bad for almost 4,100lbs with driver, huh? :nice:

IMGP1330.jpg

Looks good. Do we know if its going to clear your stock hood yet?
Supposedly it will. There are 5 other KB Marks ive looked over and all of them cleared on the Gen2 versions. One guys didnt but I think that was cause he used the stock throttle bracket instead of making one to fit the car. There is some minor cutting of the rear brace on the hood but thats it. :shrug:

Didn't you say this was a custom 2.2L compressor set up though? The bolt on Cobra kit that the other Mark VIII use, utilizes physically smaller 1.7L or 2.1L. Think you're going to have issue with the taller compressor. I know when the 2.2L came out for the 2V, it wouldn't clear the stock hood line like the 1.7L would? :shrug:

KB said the case height is the same.

Height, yes. Length, no.

The 1.7L that the kit originally comes with is 257mm long. The 2.2L is 304mm long. From what I recall, there were a few who had issues with one or both of the front corners of the case making contact with the hood reinforcement straps. You may be able to trim some of the area away, or remove it altogether (compromising hood rigidity), but don't be surprised if it makes contact.
Very cool car and not to take anything away from it, but its far from the 2nd baddest on the planet. I know of three, right off the bat that are just as fast, or faster.

Full-Size Ford Muscle Car Comparison- Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Supercharged 98 mark VIII LSC vs older Trans am - Car Videos on StreetFire
YouTube - 600 hp Lincoln Mark VIII 11.84 @ 121 mph

And I'm certain there are a handful between TCCOA.com, LOD and Lincoln Vs. Cadillac that are running similar times. :shrug:

I like Mikes car. Hes a cool dude too and prolly has the most money invested into a street Mark. He told me a few months ago he has around 80k in his LSC. Thing is just uber freakin clean. He even ran it on Pass Time but forgot to shut the TC off and ran in the 13's I think.
His wheels were custom made and he has the Brembo big ass brake kit on it. Just a very well rounded ride. I am trying for a car as nice but more mid range and low end punch. It will be quite a while as he has one mean fully built block in his too. :rlaugh:

Brian:

The first mark you posted, I dont think Scott has it any more. Havent seen him on in a while.
The second two are the same car. He has tried many different wheel combos on it. Hes supposed to be sending me a 3.5" intake tube for my build now.