My new blower showed up!

Brian:

The first mark you posted, I dont think Scott has it any more. Havent seen him on in a while.

The guy that came 2nd place in that shootout (Mike Siska) is the guy that I bought my blower kit from. He ran mid-11's that day, but has since gotten his '95 TBird in to the 10.50's@130mph. I've personally seen it run 10.70@128mph. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Ran the baseline dyno today. Car layed down 229.85 rwhp uncorrected. Corrected was 241 but we dont live in a perfect humidity free world so its an honest 229. :nice:
Did find my tune was set for a car with 4.10 gears, long tubes and some other mods that my car dont have.
Turns out the canned SCT tune form the older software version I have was done for a much different and earlier edition car then mine. So that will be fixed in 7 days after the blower is on. Expecting 360 rwhp when he corrects the tune. :nice:

IMGP1394.jpg

IMGP1396.jpg

IMGP1419.jpg

IMGP1409.jpg

IMGP1416.jpg

Still in the middle of the install. The Doctor decided removing the hood and cowl was the way to go so that is what we did. Made things much easier to drop the blower in place.

IMGP1420.jpg

You can see a huge difference in the space available with he cowl off. Also showing where the IMRC box is since I see i asked so often. We removed it since I now have deletes.
IMGP1426.jpg

IMGP1438.jpg

So next we took the blower back off and then gooped up the plenum.
IMGP1427.jpg

Of course that led to the next problem.
IMGP1429.jpg

Somehow he managed to get it in there.
IMGP1431.jpg

So this is where we took a break to make the 6th parts store run and locate some fittings as well as a 120" belt.
IMGP1439.jpg

What a day! Jeff has absolutely worked his pointy hat off! Lots of snags along the way but all dealt with very well. His attention to detail is amazing! He worked very hard to make it look OEM and hide or remove all hat wasn't needed. My hats off o him!

So after deciding that the air injection pipes had to go I watched him go in there with a sawsall, torch and finally a welder! :lol: It was nuts but really looks great.

Then he cleaned up the crossover tube and put in new o-rings.
IMGP1445.jpg

Go it all together and did some other minor touches to really give it an OEM appearance.

IMGP1450.jpg

And here he is admiring his handy work. :D
IMGP1449.jpg

This is where we called it quits. Still have to trim the hood some and do some wires but its pretty much done. Did a through fuel leak test and was perfect on the first try.

IMGP1452.jpg

You guys here have more talent, skills and patience in your little finger than I have in my entire body. Hats off to all of you.:nice: Would love to be able to do something like this.

:lol: I was kidding! :rlaugh:

Have to cut a small section of brace in the rear and the center cross brace has to go but it should clear. Will be close though.

I thought it might actually work:rlaugh: I remember those cars having a raised hood on one side, so I figured it could work.