My new blower showed up!

:lol: I was kidding! :rlaugh:

Have to cut a small section of brace in the rear and the center cross brace has to go but it should clear. Will be close though.

Just remember Bill, that even if it clears while test fitting, that the engine is going to raise another 1/2-3/4 when torqued under the load of hard acceleration. Don't want the pulley to be making contact with the hood in any way when you're screaming at WOT.

• Sponsors (?)

Just remember Bill, that even if it clears while test fitting, that the engine is going to raise another 1/2-3/4 when torqued under the load of hard acceleration. Don't want the pulley to be making contact with the hood in any way when you're screaming at WOT.
Got it covered. Will be installing a turn buckle welded to the sub-frame. :nice:

Just had the owner of Late Model Restoration text SVO that my car is bad ass. :D

So onward and upward. We are very close to initial start up of her. :) Had to extend some wires for all the relocated stuff. This first one is for he IAC.

IMGP1459.jpg

IMGP1460.jpg

And doing that cleaned up the drivers side of the engine very well.

Aside from the throttle cable its done on the drivers side.

IMGP1462.jpg

Then had to shorten the MAF wire.

IMGP1463.jpg

IMGP1466.jpg

SVO also extended the IAT and TPS wires in the same fasion. After that he covered them factory style and hid them away.

IMGP1469.jpg

No mag plans really. Just wanted a nice and fairly quick daily driver that kept under the radar. :nice:

I have already put 250 miles on it. Runs great but a little rich. Also the timing is locked for the temp tune so its fairly gutless right now. The dyno tune is at 2 PM today and I will record a crap quality vid of it. :)
I have a vid of the initial fire up but the audio wont sync right. I am trying to upload it now but keep getting errors so not sure if I will be able to post it or not.

So here is a shot of all the rest of the air pump stuff going away. :)

IMGP1473.jpg

And for now I dont have cruise. We just did not have any more time to mess with it. Still have to go back to trim some more and install the trans cooler, J-mod, sway bar and rear uprights.... and valve covers. So we can work on it more then. :) So for the time being we had to use a return spring.

IMGP1471.jpg

So for the last part of our journey into hell SVO had to cut the braces and then I scrapped off the old rubberized glue crap.

IMGP1475.jpg

IMGP1476.jpg

And here is our finnished product. Had to space the back of the hood up 1/4" to clear the throttle cable bracket but its hitting the brace. Again, we just did not have any more time. I got hom at 5:00 AM and then left for work at 7:30. :eek:

IMGP1480.jpg

IMGP1484.jpg

IMGP1478.jpg

"And thats how its done kiddies!"

IMGP1481.jpg

So finnaly got my dyno tune done yesterday. What a freakin day! Started off by the car suddenly running like it dropped two cylinders on the way to Dallas. I called Gearheads and said I didnt think it could make it. They seemed pretty sure the car was fouled from a temp tune and so did SVO. So I limped it there and got to work.

IMGP1488.jpg

IMGP1489.jpg

And here is the first run..... total ass. :( 269 rwhp and 371 rwtq

YouTube - Mark VIII blower dyno first

So they went to work on figuring it out. First thing was the TPS was bad. Blew out on the trip up. So after waiting for the parts monkey to deliver the RIGHT part and getting it in the car still had issues. He put his fancy touch screen Ford tool on it and read the coils and injectors. Had two weak ass coils so they got swapped. The bigger issue was completly my fault. When installing the blower it pushed the fuel rail off the injectors and I just pushed it back down. The rail scooped up some gasket maker from the blower to plenum and stuffed it into an injector. :eek:

IMGP1495.jpg

After some more runs we also discovered the IAC is bad and that the car runs out of fuel pump just after 5K. Plenty of injector and MAF left but the pump cant keep up with the 16 lbs of boost......... yeah, 16 lbs.

So I need a new IAC, idler pully, fuel pump, coils (he said buy new MSDs) and an underdrive crank. So there goes another $600+

Oh well. Gearheads with Andy on the tune and Travis with the tuned ear really busted ass! Car was on the dyno for 8 hours! Plus they changed 2 plugs and two coils and cleaned my injectors! They said $XXX for the dyno initially and 8 hours latter they stuck to it. They only charged me $XXX more for the parts and repairs too which was just killer! Nicest guys to that really know their stuff. My hats are off to them and they have a customer for life! You would not believe how these guys bent over backwards to help me. Andy really knows his stuff, works his majic on the software. Travis is really down to earth too and as a bonus he really knows these engines. Has a kick ass Fox Coupe that would seriously humiliate my car. :rlaugh:

So here we are at the last run. 384 rwhp and 398 rwtq. Thats with only 8.5* timing and the AFR staying 12:1 untill 5K where it goes lean quick.

YouTube - Mark VIII Final Dyno run

Decent Bill.

With the 20% drivetrain loss these cars normally experience, thats about 460hp/478tq at the crank. Nothing wrong with that. :nice:
Its more then I expected and it has way more in it. 8.5* of timing aint crap on this motor! We wanna add another 3-4* on it. Also he only spun it to 5200 RPM cause of the fuel pump and the HP was still climbing like crazy! Gonna correct all that and drop the boost some, should be 410-420 when done but for now I am pleased. I just hate my trans tune right now. Shifts like ass and holds gears for too long. He will correct it when I pay the balence on my next pay day.

Looks awesome!

You sure that the boost/vac signal is getting to the fuel pressur regulator ok with that tube squished on under the inlet? That would worry me alot.

What is the compression ratio of your motor?

You can see in the dyno screen a blue bar on the right side. Thats the AF display. It stays in the blue which is kinda rich. If it were to turn yellow or red then I would worry but it dont go lean so I imagine the vac connection is fine.

congrats! :cheers:

im anxious to hear how it sounds on the road :drool:
Thanks! I love the whine she makes at full boost. :drool: Kinda hard keeping my foot out of it though. Just replaced the squeeky idler and am gonna order a March underdrive dampner for the crank to drop boost down quite a bit. I may not have to get a BAP with the lower boost. :nice:

Wow laszer turned out great, and I doubted you !!!!!!

what power can the engine handle with boost before something lets go??

i like that the car looks stock, just imagine the looks your going to get when you pull away from everyone

Wow laszer turned out great, and I doubted you !!!!!!

what power can the engine handle with boost before something lets go??

i like that the car looks stock, just imagine the looks your going to get when you pull away from everyone
430-450 is about the limits of these rods and thats with a stick. With an auto its closer to 430 rwhp. I would like to tone it back just a little to maybe 375 rwhp. After I have my built block done then I can push it to 500 rwhp with my setup. Any more then that and I will need an intercooled setup.