My new blower showed up!

• Sponsors (?)

After I have my built block done then I can push it to 500 rwhp with my setup. Any more then that and I will need an intercooled setup.

Unless you plan on running that car on a steady diet of 100-octane race fuel, you're going to need some form of aftercooling long before 500rwhp. Time to start looking into water/methanol injection. ;)

Unless you plan on running that car on a steady diet of 100-octane race fuel, you're going to need some form of aftercooling long before 500rwhp. Time to start looking into water/methanol injection. ;)
I have been looking into it. I know what system I am gonna use too. The variable AEM kit with the 5 gallon tank. But I am not gonna run a water/meth mix, just gonna be straight meth so it will be costly. I plan on racing at Harris Hill once a month and a water mix would kill the motor and douse my spark.

I need it now too! At 16psi the detonation is gnarly after the heat soaks in. I can cruise it at 100 and thats about 2-3psi being generated. After a minute or so I can hear the faint clatter. Then again it may just be my timing chains tensioners. :shrug: When the tuner was tuning it he said that when he heard it there was no way for it to be detonating and also figured it was tensioners. Not sure really but next month the car gets a GT500 IAT for the plenum and a much smaller March underdrive crank pulley. If I can bring the boost down to 12psi or so I will feel a bit better.