My new job rocks! and HP and TQ guess?

beanplant

Founding Member
Jun 25, 2002
KC MO
I started up at O'Reilly earlier this week. I LOVE IT! The peopel there are cool as hell, it's not hard, and I get paid to talk about cars. It's great. I also get a HELL of a discount. So Ive planned out what I wanna be doing to my future 94-95 GT....

What kind of #s would a 94-95 5.0 manual with:
-E-303 Cam
-Trick Flow upper and lower Intake (probably the 1,500 to 6,500 rpm one, but maybe the idle to 5,500)
-Some after-market heads (don't know what kind)
-Headers
-off road H
-Catback
and
-3.73:1 gears.

Any idea on what kind of #s it would be pushing?
Also, any idea what kind of 1/4 mile it would run?

-Shaun

• Sponsors (?)

aw man.. thats bad ass..... quite a change from a 95 GT AODE with just off road H and catback.... Thanks man

EDIT: I also have another question though... If I were to be pushing that muc HP and TQ with slicks or drag radials, would I have to do anythign to the frame, axles, or suspension? Thanks!

-Shaun

beanplant said:
aw man.. thats bad ass..... quite a change from a 95 GT AODE with just off road H and catback.... Thanks man

EDIT: I also have another question though... If I were to be pushing that muc HP and TQ with slicks or drag radials, would I have to do anythign to the frame, axles, or suspension? Thanks!

-Shaun
You can use the stock axles, but you'd be running on borrowed time when your running on slicks. Drag radials are fine on the stock axles. Lower control arms would help out a lot and subframe connectors would be a must if you want to run decent numbers. The unibody chassis flexes like a mo fo.

Joe

Joes95GT said:
You can use the stock axles, but you'd be running on borrowed time when your running on slicks. Drag radials are fine on the stock axles. Lower control arms would help out a lot and subframe connectors would be a must if you want to run decent numbers. The unibody chassis flexes like a mo fo.

Joe

I dont think it matters which tires your running. Its just what 60ft's your pulling. If your pulling 1.7 60ft's on stock axles, they are gonna snap or bend eventually. I bent a stock axle on DR's.

Deff get some lower control arms, they made a HUGE difference in how my car launched. The subframes will only stiffen the frame, which is good, so you dont rip a torque box. But it really messed up my weight transfer. I rather be safe then sorry though.

As for #'s, we need to know which heads you decide to use. Thats the deciding factor.

EDIT - spelling

beanplant said:
I started up at O'Reilly earlier this week. I LOVE IT! The peopel there are cool as hell, it's not hard, and I get paid to talk about cars. It's great. I also get a HELL of a discount. So Ive planned out what I wanna be doing to my future 94-95 GT....

What kind of #s would a 94-95 5.0 manual with:
-E-303 Cam
-Trick Flow upper and lower Intake (probably the 1,500 to 6,500 rpm one, but maybe the idle to 5,500)
-Some after-market heads (don't know what kind)
-Headers
-off road H
-Catback
and
-3.73:1 gears.

Any idea on what kind of #s it would be pushing?
Also, any idea what kind of 1/4 mile it would run?

-Shaun

So, which one ya work at?
Hook a brother up? :banana:

J

Down said:
So, which one ya work at?
Hook a brother up? :banana:

J

Haha, i wish i could, but they won't let me. It's strictly for me and immediate family only. They'd fire me otherwise. As for the KC meeting, I haven't heard of anything yet. It jsut snowed about 9 truckin inches out here though, so I really doubt that many stangs are gonna be abel to meet anywhere. Plus, I don't have one yet, jsut looking.

-Shaun