My new puppy thread.

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
Me and the wife got a couple dogs. She wanted a lap dog, I wanted a big dog.

Her puppy's name is Zoe and mine is Shelby ( :D ) Her dog is a Dachshund (weiner dog) and mine is a Doberman Pinscher. And here are the pics...

Zoe:

View attachment 389611

View attachment 389612

View attachment 389613

And Shelby:

View attachment 389614

View attachment 389615

And a pic of them together:

View attachment 389616

Zoe is 17 weeks and Shelby is only 9 weeks. She'll be going in for the ear crop (to make her look like a Doby) in a week.

And for those of you with puppies that WHINE and YELP all hours of the night (or big dogs for that matter), Shock Collars FTMFW. Took Zoe one night to not bark again when she's supposed to go to bed, and this is the first night with Shelby. She's a little more hard headed. It blinks when it goes off, and she don't like it. She's actually starting to calm down now and maybe go to sleep. But these collars REALLY work! :nice:

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

lol.. shock collars.. not sure about those bow. I'm lookin fer a puppy myself when summer gets here

I felt the same way, until you think about it. Ever major pet store, AND Wal Mart wouldn't sell them if they weren't effective and humaine. None of the stores would sell something that would hurt a dog permenently, with fear they would be taken to court. It's the same exact concept as an invisible fence.

Every major pet store, AND Wal Mart wouldn't sell them if they weren't effective and humaine. None of the stores would sell something that would hurt a dog permenently, with fear they would be taken to court.

You do realize Wal-Mart sells shot guns too? It's really all in how the device is used. Shock collars have the potential to be very inhumane if at the controls of the wrong person. '

Anyways, great looing dogs. Congrats :nice:

:lol: @ the "how the collar works" pic.

I LOVE Dobermans. We've had many in the past and my own was the biggest lap dog I ever had. He was the best.

Anyway I'd recommend making sure he's tested for the Wobbles. It's a spinal condition that will take out legs. It's awful. Mine had it and we never knew until it was pretty much too late. It's inoperable as far as complete success goes :(

I love weiner dogs too. Both dogs are awesome! :nice:

my cat wobbles have what the doctor calls a neurological abnormality, aka he is a retard, but his might have a slight distemper, which is when they dont get the proper nutrition when they are younger so certain parts of their neuro system doesnt develop.