My "NEW" Stang Complete! What do you think!?

• Sponsors (?)

I concur. The cobra/shelby badges and the decals do not belong there. I think it devalues real GT500s. And it isn't Ford's fault that you can't afford one right now. If you wanted a Shelby you should wait until the price drops to MSRP in a year or so, or get one pre-owned.

It looks nice, but as a Mustang enthusiast (I'm on my fourth) it's a little shameful. But that's just my opinion.

Best of luck.

RisingForce said:
I didnt say this is any different,,, I said its the SAME
Im not tryin to PASS anything
I like the way a shelby looks but i dont have 60K to buy one, so I chose the cheaper way,,,,,
Also in the smal community I live, people know about this,,, so whats the harm, if I want it to look like what I LIKE and even people around here KNOWING its not an actual Shelby??
If Ford had played their cards right I would have bought a real one,, but for now, this will do
What it boils down to is personal opinions and prefrences,,, and i totally respect Yours, but do you respect mine!?

The problem I have with stuff like this is your car will not perform as good as a gt500.. if you happen to run somebody your making the gt-500 look bad.

I have a few questions:

1. As asked earlier, did you have to replace the stock GT headlamps?

2. Where can I get the front bumper and how much did it cost?

3. Will the GT500 bumper fit with a regular GT hood or do I have to also replace the the hood?

IMO you did a great job in making this look like a Faux GT500. Its your car and if your happy, so be it. I myself would love to have the front end look on my GT, but thats the extent of the changes I would make. I like the front of the GT500 because it is ALOT closer to the look of the original GT concept.

you do need different headlamps.

you can get the parts off ebay, or your local ford dealer.

the GT hood does fit, and looks great.

there is a thread around here about the conversion. i dont have time, or i would find it for you.

Sgt Beavis said:
I have a few questions:

1. As asked earlier, did you have to replace the stock GT headlamps?

2. Where can I get the front bumper and how much did it cost?

3. Will the GT500 bumper fit with a regular GT hood or do I have to also replace the the hood?

IMO you did a great job in making this look like a Faux GT500. Its your car and if your happy, so be it. I myself would love to have the front end look on my GT, but thats the extent of the changes I would make. I like the front of the GT500 because it is ALOT closer to the look of the original GT concept.

I had to replace the stock GT headlamps cause the GT500 headlaps are angeled differently.
I bought the frontbumper from Ford parts department, for about $240.
The GT500 will fit with regular GT hood.

bamaster, it IS Ford's fault for losing control over this limited production. Its a shame to see Ford allow $50K MARKUP on any of their vehicles.
And why would I wanna buy a preowned GT500 for MSRP?? I'm not dumb!

svttech76, I'm not gonna drag race any stangs and vettes pulling beside me,,,
If I ever plan to do that, it would be AFTER I get my supercharger installed which by then I will be having 500 horse....

As I said before its all a matter of opinion.,... And I know where some of you are coming from,, I personally am happy with the result , yet I do respect all your thoughts and inputs on this, not meaning that it will affect my decision.

:flag:

I'll leave out the opinion on the fake badging, but to each his own.

However, IMO you either need to get the Shelby rear bumper or paint the bottom of the bumper flat black. The complete red rear bumper doesn't flow with the black rockers and black air foil on the front.

Pro Mod said:
I'll leave out the opinion on the fake badging, but to each his own.

However, IMO you either need to get the Shelby rear bumper or paint the bottom of the bumper flat black. The complete red rear bumper doesn't flow with the black rockers and black air foil on the front.
Its in the process,, the rear bumper has been on backorder for a while, but as soon as I receive it and get it painted, it will be installed.

:nice:

99BRINGIT said:
I think the car looks great. I could give two ****s that its not a real Shelby. As long as you dont physically tell someone that it it, more power to you.

Where did you order the front bumper and headlights?

I ordered all the parts from Ford dealership I work at. Still waiting for the rear bumper (back order),,,

GT500 Wheels
GT500 Spolier
GT500 Steering wheel (Red stitched)
GT500 SVT Guage cluster
GT500 aluminum sillplates
Cobra side impact airbag seats (Red stitched)
Cobra Red floormats

:shrug:

Why don't yall get off the dudes nutz? He likes it. It's his car. Don't worry about how his car looks. I think half the cars on here look like hell but I don't say anything because I have more respect for someone elses car. If it were mine, I'd go ahead and finish the look with the GT500 wheels and spoiler. Who gives a rat's ass what yall think?

yeah i agree. stop giving him **** about his car. he put a lot of work into an already incredible vehicle and now it looks great. and yes i am a v6 owner who has a mustang that looks like a gt, GOD will not strike me down tomorrow for doing this to my car. yes i have also worked on the performance of my car and like he said he plans on doing something to the performance, but the fact that we all own mustangs should unite us. this is a classic car and we all have different tastes so who gives a **** if someone wants to do something that you disagree with. get over it. keep up the good work man it looks good. i know im probly gonna get bashed now because im a "poser" as well.

hey its all cool
when i posted this , i was looking for opinions,, not just one,, and i got many different opinions,,, I do appreciate every single one of them.
I am surprised as how many people are not for the badges and stripes,, but that in my opinion is a GOOD thing, meaning not many people will do what I did,,,,

Its ok if someone doesnt like it,, When I posted this I wasnt looking for 100% positive feedback,,, so Its all good:)

Thanks again for every comments you guys,,, just the fact that you took your time to look at my post and cast your opinion means much to me

peace

:nice:

Wait wait wait did i just read this correctly? let me summarize...

RisingForce said:
Its just like someone with a V6 making theirs look like a GT,,, why would someone do that?

svttech76 said:
if it's not a shelby why are you trying to pass it off as one. How is this any different than a sixer with gt badging.

RisingForce said:
I didnt say this is any different,,, I said its the SAME
Im not tryin to PASS anything

Did you sir just contradict yourself? Or am i schizophrenic? Im sorry but you ARE trying to pass it off as a GT500. you dont see many people on the forums spamming the "sixers" for putting foglights or gt wheels on their sixes, but when they put GT badging is when it starts to Piss people off. I do NOT see a difference between that and your "Faux" Gt500. im sorry but i think it is personal taste because i like the front end of the GT500 and i am considering it for my GT, but the second you put a decal on a car that doesnt represent what the car truely is is when you step over the line of personal taste and i hate to say it but lying. Its deception that your going for and i think that is absolutly ignoble and you SHOULD be berrated for your personal choice to do so. Take off the Shelby and side stripes and everyone will be happy. this only reminds me of Rice Rockets who put stickers on their cars of performance parts they do not even have installed on their cars. It just simply isnt respectable. Im sorry to be so blunt but i think you need to rethink your approach and if deception is acceptable in your sight then i cannot do anything about that. but please consider this a constructive criticism. We all make mistakes, and i believe you are making one everytime you drive that car in public. The layman may not recognize any difference or ever notice, but i remember going to the Auto show sometime last year and there was the GT500 on the turntable with an announcer talking about the new car and i asked them to open the hood and show off the engine, That is when i was told it was simply a Stock GT with the GT 500 body kit and it really made me upset that FORD would show off a car that was not what it appeared to be. And if appearances are everything for you i believe you to be a very shallow man.

--Sy

Mustang Militia said:
Why don't yall get off the dudes nutz? He likes it. It's his car. Don't worry about how his car looks. I think half the cars on here look like hell but I don't say anything because I have more respect for someone elses car. If it were mine, I'd go ahead and finish the look with the GT500 wheels and spoiler. Who gives a rat's ass what yall think?

.... *Cough* Liberal *Cough*....:D

IF this thread can stay within the rules, it can remain opened.

we all know the rules, lets follow them. i deleted some of the posts to keep on topic.