My official progress thread

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by MuDDuQ, Aug 2, 2008.

1. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

I decided to start a new thread with pictures from where my fox started to where it is today. So here are some pictures

This picture was taken in 1995 right after I bought this car for 8500.00. At the time I had a 1979 cobra that I had just finished and was not feeling the hatch was me and wanted a vert. When I look at it today that white top was so gowdy I cant believe that I liked it then.[​IMG]

This picture was taken in about 2000 I really have no clue what I was thinking with those rims but I remember that I liked them for a few months even the rims that are laying there beside the car are ugly but thats been my path putting ugly rims on my car for years and years[​IMG]

THese are the original seats they were in pretty bad shape after 10 or 12 years of use[​IMG]

Here are the seats today some of you will hate them but at the time I had them done I really liked them and still dont hate them but if I had to do it again they would be in a gray (mabey a future upgrade)[​IMG]

These were some of my 1st dash modifications again everytime that I do something to this car I tend to love it than start to not feel it after a few months or years[​IMG][​IMG]

Here is the final dash after it got a kenwood 7017 with navigation it was a real pain to fit it in there but I love it now[​IMG][​IMG]

This is pictures of the tear down that started in 2004-05
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This is after I finally decided on a body kit for the car now that I look back at it I would have never done this to the poor car but it sure seemed like a good idea at the time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided that it was time for new subs and this is a custom box that was made for the diamond d6 subs its pretty good but not near the subs that I had before I won 1st place with them in an SPL contest but the box was just not comfortable for me so I went this way. Im getting too old to compete in car stereo contest the way you know that is when your amps are older than the kids in the compititions[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here it is after I finally decided on new rims I was pretty hesitant with these rims they look bad on most foxes but I was pretty impressed with the look they seem to accent my car in my opinion. If I had to do it again I would have went silver instead of chrome but its not bad[​IMG]

Ok now Im to a point that im really sick of that body kit so I decided to go back to the basics kinda. I bought a cervinis stalker and cobra rear bumper cover they are painted now and im ready to bolt them on very soon. They are just setting on the car now so more pics to come when its completely done. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I left out alot of this cars history but have included alot about it too. I will have many more pics to come as this car continues to transform the next project is working on the engine compartment and and cleaning up the powerplant a bit. Mabey this winter we will see. I will continue this thread as things get done
  2. ryan218

ryan218 In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!

thank gawd. you finaly got rid of it!
  3. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

I have no choice but to agree with you ryan I am so feeling this new set up I cant wait to finish it up if you think the old kit was bad look at the kit I bought b4 that one and never used including Z3 fenders [​IMG]
  4. QUICK91LX

QUICK91LX Founding Member

YES! I have to say I was disappointed before because the car was so clean but less than attractive...now it looks awesome!!! Nice job on the new bumpers!!!

A little cleaning up and updating on the interior will complete it...nice work.
  5. MAC'n89Blckstng

MAC'n89Blckstng Active Member

Your car looks 100 times better!!!
  6. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

Here goes a bunch of pictires from today its starting to take shape and Im starting to like the direction im going now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. ryan218

ryan218 In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!

lower it.
    then it will look amazing man. i like the changes mucho. =]
  8. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

I have air bags on the rear I just put some air in them for the hell of it today
  9. LiquidGT

LiquidGT Member

From what I recall you never showed us what the front of the old bumper looked like untill now, yuck! Now it look amazing and sooo much cleaner.:nice:
  10. the pony boy

the pony boy Founding Member

wow looks good now.i would downgrade on the subs and just use one.three are overkill imo.but you have got ure self a very nice vert there good work.
  11. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

Imaging that I was trying to figure out where to put a 4th sub LOL
  12. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

I finished my Powder coat booth tonight and chromed my alternator tonight it turnred out pretty good. This winter Im going to go crazy under my hood and who knows what else

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  13. foxmustangman

foxmustangman Member

AMAZING! That car is purely gorgeous! I love what you have done to it. I love your interior too! Looks absolutely amazing. I wish they still made those shaker systems...so your car is pretty unique with it, and purely bad ass!
  14. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

Thank you for the comments but Stay tuned its no where done yet its always a work in progress for me. If you watch bay you can find those shakers but when you see them they dont go cheap I paid over 700.00 for it several years ago when I purchased it.
  15. Wolpert1983

Wolpert1983 New Member

changing those tailights is the best thing you have ever done, the new direction you've taken is a huge improvement! :nice:
  16. Beasty306GT

Beasty306GT Active Member

Looks much better...I love the stalker front bumper...good choice and gettin rid of that god awful ugly body kit and lights.....Very nice
  17. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

I have started cleaning up under the hood a bit I washed it good and it turned out pretty good I powdercoated the hood hold up bar the radiator brackets and the hood latch thats mounted to the hood.

This winter is when the major engine removal and revamp of the engine bay starts if all goes well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. FrankenStang

FrankenStang Mustang Master

Dude, those pictures are WAY too big. That makes it hard to find the reply box. Could you resize them please?

Also, there's a thread stickied at the top of this forum for progress threads. Post the link to this thread in that thread. :nice:
  19. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

there I just resized all the images for all you guys that dont have 46" monitors
  20. MuDDuQ

MuDDuQ New Member

It snowed last night and my engine fell out

Actually I decided its time to go to work under the hood so here a a couple pictures of the beginning of this project[​IMG] [​IMG]