My Oil Separator/Filter

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
So I'm going to be installing an oil separator based on the "how to's" that I've read. I just noticed one thing on my filter here though and am wondering if maybe I got the wrong kind...

Label on it says "Max Temp 125F"
OilFillter.jpg

Will it get too hot for this inside the engine bay with the oil flowing in it? I have a feeling I might be slightly retarded :D

The filter is a Husky Mini General Purpose Filter.

EDIT: AAANNNDDD upon even further inspection I see the label right on the clear portion says "Avoid synthetic oils, chemicals, solvents, paints, and fumes which may cause bowl failure"

Crapp

• Sponsors (?)

BECAREFUL!!!!! That Husky separator is always draining. That separator will only close when it see a positive pressure. Since it is hooked up in the PCV system it only sees a negative pressure. Try it. Remove the bowl and blow in it. Notice it will close only if you blow on the inside. You need to plug the nipple in order for it to work properly. Otherwise, you will draw air from the outside instead of the crankcase.

So I'm going to be installing an oil separator based on the "how to's" that I've read. I just noticed one thing on my filter here though and am wondering if maybe I got the wrong kind...

OilFillter.jpg

Will it get too hot for this inside the engine bay with the oil flowing in it? I have a feeling I might be slightly retarded :D

EDIT: AAANNNDDD upon even further inspection I see the label right on the clear portion says "Avoid synthetic oils, chemicals, solvents, paints, and fumes which may cause bowl failure"

Crapp

Return that one and get the other version, the one with white filter on it, it same name as husky, because I bought that one first, but it keep blow air under where drain fluid is, i turn the knob but it still blow air out off it, so I return it and use ther other version, the one that you have to push under in to get the fluid out.

Someone on here posted a couple weeks ago where they did they same setup but instead of the kind of filter you have he was using a g3 fuel filter of which looked like it belonged under the hood anyway,looked better and better quality.

That was me, and it was on my old set up eclipse gsx awd turbo ( wreck ).

OilFillter.jpg

Crapp

Hey where did you buy that?