My Project Car...90 Gt

• Sponsors (?)

OK...been a while. Work is keeping me busy as hell. I did make time to figure out my blinker issue. At some point the turn signal wire going to the pigtail came out and was reinserted into wrong cavity..I remedied the situation and discovered I need a new turn signal pigtail. The retainer clips are all broken off. Ordered replacement today along with maximum motorsport sub frame connectors.
I have still to install headlights and the car is going to be due an oil change this Sunday...
I have been driving the car for the last two weeks..it burns a little oil and is somehow consuming coolant. I have to fill the reservoir once a week to the HOT line..
I f-ing love driving this car...gradually working out the bugs but all in all the car is running great for a 26 yr old car...
Well Sunday is the day...oil change and head lights...
I had a coolant problem similar to yours,the bypass hose was barely dripping at the fitting from the water pump . Sounds like you are making good progress man,keep at it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Cool...I'm gonna give it a look when I change the oil. I am a little concerned that the head might have warped or something along those lines due to the fact that the thermostat was installed backwards. I don't know how long it was ran like that. Hopefully it is something simple. Here pretty soon I should have all the factory systems fully functional..kinda excited about that..

Nice progress, On the headlight swap, the holes that hold the adjuster bolts and the c clip for the replacement headlights need to be slightly cleaned out or the head lights wont stay in...
Just use a suitable drill bit and deepen them slightly.... may want to sandpaper the same posts a little too so the c clips attach firmly...

when you get to coyote swap I can walk you through it and its a dream once completed....

Reactions: 1 users
Nice progress, On the headlight swap, the holes that hold the adjuster bolts and the c clip for the replacement headlights need to be slightly cleaned out or the head lights wont stay in...
Just use a suitable drill bit and deepen them slightly.... may want to sandpaper the same posts a little too so the c clips attach firmly...

when you get to coyote swap I can walk you through it and its a dream once completed....
Is it really a better swap than say a z351 swap? I assume you have done this swap...what are the benefits over a 430 HP Windsor? The reason I am asking is because it is a huge commitment and I am a little apprehensive about the benefits vs cost.

Well 400hp to the wheels from a stock frpp coyote. 100000% Reliable and Ive seen nothing on the street that causes me any concern in a high hp town.............................. and full PS, PB and AC.............. 25+mpg....

Oh and youll need to ditch all your drive train .install those MMsubframes and listen to @FoxMustangLvr about real brakes...... cheap its not but I prefer it to a new coyote for sure.....

Reactions: 2 users
@89oem has done it, he has an incredible car. He's the man.
Oh I don't doubt it..and I do appreciate his offer to pick his brain..but what exactly makes the coyote a better engine than the 351? I want the coyote for these reasons..
1. I have heard it has great power to mph..
2. Modern
3. Smooth
Well 400hp to the wheels from a stock frpp coyote. 100000% Reliable and Ive seen nothing on the street that causes me any concern in a high hp town.............................. and full PS, PB and AC.............. 25+mpg....

Oh and youll need to ditch all your drive train .install those MMsubframes and listen to @FoxMustangLvr about real brakes...... cheap its not but I prefer it to a new coyote for sure.....
So it lives up to the hype...that is good. We put a 351c in an 80 cobra..it drank too much...the two hour drive to Billings emptied the tank...fast as hell though..that engine tore that 4eyed car up. Tore out rear-end,and put driver seat through floor pan... well cool man, I appreciate your offer to lend advice when time comes...

Nope no CC, because the PCM is newer tech, newer cars use the wire for throttle and the abs for braking. the ford racing pcm has this function disabled or not loaded (depends on who at ford you ask). you could pull the abs system from a newer car and run a jy PCM, but no one has successfully defeated PATS (anti theft function), yada yada yada, so not today no cruise control for the coyote swap......

hydroboost for the PS/PB and makes running AC possible All 3 of which I run......

Reactions: 2 users
^^^^^ see, told ya somebody in the know... Would Know :)

I'm sure eventually somebody will figure out how to make cruise control viable..

Sorry I was wrong.. Lol
When I was in Europe, I used to drive a 2002 Diesel engine Ford Mondeo that didn't have cruise control. I did some internet searching to see about adding it, and ended up finding out that you could retrofit it to your car by adding the buttons and just taking it to a dealer to flash the PCM (either to add or enable the cruise functionality). Could Ford just add or enable the cruise program in any PCM? Might this be worth looking into?

When I was in Europe, I used to drive a 2002 Diesel engine Ford Mondeo that didn't have cruise control. I did some internet searching to see about adding it, and ended up finding out that you could retrofit it to your car by adding the buttons and just taking it to a dealer to flash the PCM (either to add or enable the cruise functionality). Could Ford just add or enable the cruise program in any PCM? Might this be worth looking into?
Maybe when Ford realizes we aren't building old school hotrods and are building retro daily drivers they will just incorporate it in the system. Kinda chincy of them to leave it out. Cruise is so necessary these days what with smoking drinking and texting in our cars...it is almost a safety device

Reactions: 4 users
On the CC the issue is all the electronics and abs...... its easy to lock the throttle speed but you cant slow it down (ie down hills etc) without all the electronics, abs etc..... like the pcm is designed for,

AC, I used ALL my fox hardware except the compressor, there I used a new coyote unit and it mounts where it goes on the coyote..... had to have all custom hoses made.... 134a freon.