My Project Car...90 Gt

• Sponsors (?)

1471485925265-1263925196.jpg
I got my sub frame connectors...maximum motorsport...hopefully will get em installed next week...who hoo...

Reactions: 6 users
@89oem will any radiator for the pushrod 5.0 work with the coyote. My intention is to do the "minutia" upgrades that will transfer while still using my push rod engine. I'm looking at the mishimoto radiator and the soul electric fan combo. Will I be able to use these in the swap?

Get a Mishimoto aluminum, I run it, @TOOLOW91 runs it and others I believe, For the coyote the upper hose is larger than the rad nipple. just had the factor one removed and the larger one welded in...

Lifetime warranty and they stand behind their products,

Mishimoto, I got the rad and shrouded dual fan set up, works fine even down here in the south at over 100 degrees out....

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to get 4 wheel anti lock dick brakes?

Not sure dick brakes would be effective, but yes there are modern 4 wheel disk alternatives. Look into sn95 cobra brakes, or even 99+ GT brakes. Both are plenty for a light fox.

I've got the cobra disks on mine. Don't know how I ever managed with fox brakes. And yes, 94-95 abs can be retrofitted, but it's a custom project.

efb8e635118264f18d5606f59ad1d65a.jpg

As good as they are, the brakes on my Taurus have got to be the best brakes I've ever driven. 4400 pound car...and wow are they incredible. I find myself having to let off my brakes a tad to avoid the guy behind me from hitting me. They aren't even the bigger SHO version brakes. With abs, they rock.

I dunno how you guys can drive stangs in the snow. Even with snow tires, they are some work especially if you get the front tires hung up in deeper snow from a dead stop. Plus parking in the city when your passenger side tires are in a snow bank is stressful. Parking was always the most stressful, and living in the city meant you had to parallel park into a snow bank. Get stuck all the time in my 03 GT. Even with snow tires and abs/traction control.

Kinda why I traded it in for an AWD Infiniti. Even with all seasons, the driving was so much less stressful when you could send powee to 4 wheels.

This will be my first winter with a fwd car. Thankfully I no longer live in a city. I also have a job that I can just work from home if it snows. Kinda why I didn't pony up for an AWD Taurus

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
So...tomorrow after noon I take the ole girl to bull whackers...my friend Vohn is gonna put the car on lift and we are gonna analyze what is entailed in installing the sub frame connectors...after judging the job we are gonna schedule it...can't wait....just a checking em off the list...
I'm not going to do the Windsor swap...the cost involved is going to go towards the coyote swap. Besides...the 302 in it runs just fine and is more engine than I can safely stop...new heads, hood, cam and pan are more money than I want to spend on a temporary engine...

So it sounds like mishimoto will replace the small nipple with a larger one? Did I understand you correctly? Or is there another contractor that does this work?

Thats a no Mishimoto swapping the nipple, ask your buddy Vohn who welds aluminum really well...

Some guys just cut a section of fox top hose the length of the nipple, fit the coyote hose over it and clamp it really good, to me thats a major disaster waiting to happen...

Thats a no Mishimoto swapping the nipple, ask your buddy Vohn who welds aluminum really well...

Some guys just cut a section of fox top hose the length of the nipple, fit the coyote hose over it and clamp it really good, to me thats a major disaster waiting to happen...
Groovy...thanks

Wow...work has been busy..finally got some time to work on my car...I hadn't done my headlights yet because they chip sealed the road...20 miles of highway to get to the interstate...and didn't want them busted...well the chip is pretty much gone...except the two in my wind shield...got her half done..
IMAG0738.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
What ? Lol .. eats mcnuggets ? He got his ass whooped. I don't think he can chew. He also got his own BBQ sauce for them nuggets cause he wouldn't stop bleeding. The third fight is gonna be on !
Depends on how you judge round 2. I'm not sure how you can win the first half of the round and get beat to hell the second half and get called the winner of the round..kinda funny rogan and every mcnugget fan at our party had it even going into round three...no matter..Diaz should have clobbered him...he didn't..congrats to nuggets...

So the sub frame connectors aren't installed, Vohn is busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin contest...no sweat, I had a vibration at 70 miles per...jacked up the car wiggled the tires...nothing...so I figured I would replace ball joints bearings and all that good stuff...analyze all associated parts along the way. While talking to my buddy about potential scheduling times for the connectors I mentioned the shake...he said rotate yer tires..so I did and voila...no shimmy. When I skidded to a stop to attempt avoiding that deer it rubbed a bald spot on one section of the tire ( fresh chip sealed road)... learning new stuff every day..great to be American, Montanan, non communist and good looking...

So I'm torn... the one thing I hate about my car is that the cruise control isn't working..If my car were a manual transmission and no cruise I'd sell it. I drive 100 miles a day...and I hate hate hate not having cruise..I really don't think a coyote engine is right for me. My 351 will work just fine...the one this engine replaced had 400000 miles on it...so I'm in no way sacrificing reliability. The 351 swap will be easier and I can always build another car later if I decide I can't live without the coyote...hell perhaps in a few years the after market will get this problem solved...who knows.but as of this moment..I want cruise more than a coyote.

****not needing response I'm logging thoughts so I can compare later when final decision is a must. Thanks****

So I've decided on the car I'm going to build, I am going to build this car as a daily driver in the summer, traveling 50 miles one way to work and joy riding... I wanted to buy a 15 mustang for this purpose but I just really like the fox body. So I decided to dump a monthly car payment into a restoration and in the end I will have the car I want..I want cruise control in the vehicle period..I love the coyote engine but there is no cruise available..so the 351 swap is the plan. I will still do the other upgrades necessary for the coyote swap, like the hydro boost and electronic dash in prep for the likely event that the after market does solve the cruise issue.
Now that the decision is made I can start accumulating parts, pieces and fix my cruise control..so any suggestions on where to start in the diagnosis of the cruise not working is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys