My Screwed Up Day With The Cobra/Rant

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
So today being in the high 60's and sunny I decided to take the Cobra and head down to LL.Bean ( I'm sure some of you have heard of it) The original one in Freeport, ME and take back a back pack that had become defective (had the thing over 15 years and they gave me $41.00 store credit)

So I leave the house around noon and less then a mile from the house I just started going through the gears and give a slight punch in third and crest the top of a hill at the same time as Mr. State Trooper going in the other direction. I hit the brake hoping I was all set. Check the rear view and see a blue crown vic crest the hill and blue lights come on. So I pull over to let him go by but to my dismay he pulls in behind me....crap. So he walks up, says hello asks how Im doing. License, registration, ins card..exc exc... Clocked me at 57 in a 40, no front plate and no updated insurance card. Really nice guy considering most state troopers here are a$$ holes. Gives me a verbal waring tells me to slow it down, tells me to get my ins card up to date and put on a front plate (NOT, wont happen!!)

So the way home from Freeport I decided to take the insterstate since the back roads were horrid. Some stupid van pulls into the AUTHORIZED PERSONAL ONLY section between the North/South lanes to change direction. There's a slight gap between me and the car in front of me nothing that any sane person would have seen as an opportunity to pull out in. Voice in the back of my head reminds me of how stupid people are so I let off the gas and cover the brake with my foot for save measure. Sure enough said stupid van pulls out in that small space in front of me. The SSBC 3 Pistons calipers clamp down on the front rotors as the only thing going through my head is that the car behind me is going to stuff its bumper up my exhaust pipe. No one gets hit lucky.

Finally get back home pull onto my road which is just off the main road as I was thinking of getting pulled over just not to long ago and low and behold in my rear view mirror is a county cop. They NEVER come up my road. There was one a few cars ahead of me Im not sure if he took the other road that connects off the main road and to mine or if he just came out of no where but he follows me up my road. I put on my blinker to pull into my drive way for safe measure. Po po drives on by, shut the Mustang off get out and let out a sigh...what a day.

/Rant

• Sponsors (?)

I had updated insurance cards, they were just on my computer desk. And about the plate he said how he knows that people with "fancy" cars dont like to use front plates, he called my car fancy :D but he was actually the coolest cop that's ever pulled me over.

yeah honestly if it was not for the upgraded brake system I probably would have hit that stupid van. The only reason I think the car behind me didn't hit me was b/c I had let up slightly before hand which I think caused him to slow down as well. I ripped third and forth gear as I went around the van after the initial mishap. I hope it was really loud and I dont feel bad. I thought about giving them the finger but only after I had gotten way ahead of them. Always think of the good things to do after the fact :(