My Stang Is F'ed!

N1warhead

Apr 8, 2015
Hey guys, I had my 08 Mustang sitting around for god knows how long (I believe about 6 months).
Just went and got a free battery replacement as I'm gonna start doing some kind of work on it and have it running again.

Well I have a couple questions I am hoping y'all fellow stang owners can possibly help me with.

1st Question, how much would a Transmission Fluid pump cost me? Even for a cheap Piece of Crap.
Because my radiator and coolant system busted on the edge from my ex hitting a curb. (That's why it's sitting around) didn't realize I could buy my own stuff to put more fluid back into the tranny. Thought only Ford could do it.

Or if there is a cheaper but just as good of a way to get more tranny fluid into it, because my car won't go in any gear but first and neutral and park. (It's an Automatic V6 4.0).

(I know I gotta replace the radiator and coolant system so not gonna even ask about that one lol).

But now, as I mentioned above I went and got my free battery replacement about an hour ago.
Car cranked, everything ran fine completely. But now, the radio won't cut on, I checked fuse #16 for the Radio, but I can't tell when them weird looking fuses have blown, granted I didn't pull it out, I just looked through the little clear plastic at the copper coil looking thing, looked fine.

Is there any other possible fuses to get my radio working?

Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I've found out some things.

Well the Radio I had it working (My cousin hooked up lights to it's hot wire) and I think it had a bad connection, because I unhooked them and rewired it and it worked, but while testing I think I blew the radio up from the hot wire hitting the back of the radio, but anywho.

Now my transmission, I believe it may just be my Transmission Cooler.

I tore the radiator out yesterday, and not sure if all Stangs are built the same way.
But my cooler sits between the Radiator and some other cooler.

Well only the front of my Cooler is covered in thick oily/greasy like substance. I think my Cooler is shot.
But maybe not, idk.

What does this sound like to you guys?
I didn't know how to take the Cooler off to investigate more into it, it has some weird looking clamps I've never seen before.

There is a radiator AC condencer and a trans cooler. Trans cooler should be the smallest one. Atf is a red semi transparent fluid so it sounds like the trans cooler could be shot. Any fins bent?? I highly suggest a CHILTON'S manual

There is a radiator AC condencer and a trans cooler. Trans cooler should be the smallest one. Atf is a red semi transparent fluid so it sounds like the trans cooler could be shot. Any fins bent?? I highly suggest a CHILTON'S manual

Thanks for the reply buddy.

Yeah I just didn't know the name of the AC Condencer (I'm not exactly the most automotive fancy person when it comes to names lol).

Yeah well it was just all black, no red, probably just a bunch of dirt clogged up in it and stuff giving it that black look.
But no, none of the fins are bent, looks practically brandnew on the back side of it, and just that greasy oily stuff on the front. Only about half of it is covered in this substance. But nothing whatsoever on the backside of the cooler, looks brand new back there lol.

I'll look up this Manual.

Thanks buddy.