My stang is very sluggish

95 GT AODE
My Mustang seems to be very sluggish. I don't think it should feel this sluggish. It is worse when i turn on the A/C. I have dont' all the tune up stuff and cleaned the maf with electronic part cleaner and re oiled my k&n. At cruising speed as you push the accelerator it seems as if nothing is happening until it gets to a point where the tranny must downshift then it starts to pull.
I don't know how else to explain this but it is just weird.
It is as if I am pushing the pedal and the engine does not react until the tps gets to the point where it must tell the tranny to downshift then it reacts.
Any info will help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

did u oil the filter after you cleaned the maf?

I cleaned maf, the filter, was good for a few days. Then I had to pull the maf again and clean it, oil from the filter got on one of the wires. Just drove it today and the car feals great.

I have an AODE as well, it seems our car's like more problems since our tranny is controlled by the tps and maf, kinda sucks. After cleaning the Maf again you should notice your tranny unlocking a little sooner and running smother.

I also recommend a tranny flush, just had mine done after 30k miles, wish i did it a long time ago, I will be doing that before every winter now.

Yep, with the auto yoru car is a dog. I used to be able to slightly pull on my bud's 94 with auto with my 5-speed '00 Dakota (with the A/C on)... I could take him off the line, he would pull on me between 30-50, then I could keep with him (sometimes pull on him) from 50-80 then it was all him again...

Think gears, shift kit, and clean that MAF... I haven't yet but have heard horror stories about the K&N oil and the MAF after some miles...

Chris

94-302-vert said:
I haven't yet but have heard horror stories about the K&N oil and the MAF after some miles...

Chris

Ive cleaned and reoiled a few of my filters and never had anything bad happen, you just cant soak the filter in the oil. I just got a new one b/c I needed a shorter version of what I had before.

94-302-vert said:
But the oil has a tendencey to mist off and contaminate the MAF.

I would clean it just as a precaution.

Chris

Do it again, takes 10 min. I pulled mine after I "lightly oiled" the filter. Pulled it and found some oil on the one back wire. Cleaned it and the car runs like it did after the first time i cleaned it.

When I clean my K&N, I do all the steps, but don't put it back in the car for an hour or more. I just let it sit, so that any "loose" moisture will either soak in good or come out on the bottom. I wipe any excess afterwards and may still let it sit another few minutes.

The filter is going to just sit there in your car anyways, so why not "make sure" that there is excess oil?

After reading this, I can only think of two things:

1. O2 sensors may need replacing
2. Get your fuel injectors/fuel system cleaned (i.e. Seafoam or a local oil change place). I've used a local Texaco oil change shop and they actually have a pretty good chemical and procedure to cleaning that stuff. Chemical goes into a vacuum line and the exhaust almost immediately smells like death. Afterwards, the car always feels better and smoother.

I did Seafoam yesterday, but have only driven the car 15 minutes since. I'll know the actual benefits in a few days.

my car does the same thing. while coasting and i give it more gas, the rpms slowly goes up.

i recently did a upper intake, fox TB swap, AIR/EGR delete and it feels much better. before i could spin the tires pretty good before with my stock 3.27 gears but now i can kick the car sideways with only half throttle. i also changed sparkplugs and adjusted the tps but havent gotten a chance to drive the car yet.