Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

WIFE. ..... yup there it went.

For now, she wants me to "enjoy" my car instead of working on it.... :shrug:I didn't know those too things were different.

But.... apparently they are. For now it's cosmetic bull chit, until I get my shop done.:D then her 72vw bus..... then my turbo....

Soooooo... no turbo.

at least not for a little while.
Good, that means that we all have that much time left on Earth before Steve creates the Mother of All Bombs.....

My advice up until then,.....

Bottled water,..and M.R.E.s. Lot's of it. Stored in a blast proof, ventilated, sub-terrainian shelter.

Stock up before Steve forces compressed air into another machine that compresses air, and basically starts what will come to be known as Judgement day,IV...The Resurgence of Windsor.

Winter's coming,....and the night is dark, and full of terrors....

Reactions: 7 users
Good, that means that we all have that much time left on Earth before Steve creates the Mother of All Bombs.....

My advice up until then,.....

Bottled water,..and M.R.E.s. Lot's of it. Stored in a blast proof, ventilated, sub-terrainian shelter.

Stock up before Steve forces compressed air into another machine that compresses air, and basically starts what will come to be known as Judgement day,IV...The Resurgence of Windsor.

Winter's coming,....and the night is dark, and full of terrors....
a9e3b858aab4bb61632cf26bd286bfa7.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Okay guys so I think the car officially needs a cage. I had a meeting after work one town over had enough time to go home and get a shower so I decided to take the Mustang. The meeting took forever almost 5 hours and it rained while I was inside. About two hours after it quit raining I was on my way home and merging onto the Interstate. Traffic in the center lane was coming up very fast so I downshift into 4th gear at about 45 miles an hour and lay my foot into it. At about 2500 rpm the tires broke loose and the car started bouncing off the rev limiter luckily I kept my cool and just push the clutch in to keep the car from ending up in the center median. After I shifted into 5th gear I was doing about 80 miles an hour and it occurred to me that this thing makes way too much power to roll around without a cage if I hadn't kept my composure I might not be here right now. Definitely need to respect the car more

Reactions: 3 users
I think a cage in a street car is no different than a cage in a race car. Stock cars get T-boned by other stock cars all the time, as well as absorbing the impact of that ar, these cars also slam into walls t almost 200 MPH. Only difference is,...a typical stock car cage is way different than a typical drag race cage. I don't have to tell you that a stock car cage is like a jungle of bars,...and that would probably be weight, cost, aesthetics, and convenience restrictive to even consider.

So that brings us back to the typical 10 pt drag race cage.

The problem with that when it comes to putting in a 10pt (or more ) cage is that now, even though it could be welded sufficiently to not break when impacted,....Parts of your body will make violent contact with those bars,...Specifically your head. In a race car, you cannot get by w/o wearing a helmet. In a street car, you know you'd never be caught dead wearing one. (literally).

That, and the impact of shoulders, knees and hips, (bone on steel) when the side bars bend when you get side impacted make the whole idea of a cage in a street car a really bad idea.

Better to stay out of the gas on a freshly dried up road, and avoid the median,..than to put a 10 pt bar in there under the pretense that you'll be good when you hit it.

There are thousands of cars running around w/ at least a 6-8 pt roll bar w/ standard diagonals running to the floor. Alot of those bars have been bent to make getting in/out of the seat more easy.
I'd be inclined to say that a bar like this would be "safer" than a version that has a halo above your head, and the standard diag bars that will just be beggin' to make contact with the side of your body when Granma runs a redlight, while textin her BFF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users