Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

@madmike1157 what's that off of exactly?

@90sickfox thats a bit involved for my stage in the game. But it looks badass
That is a chin spoiler for an 03/04 Cobra.

But after seeing Daves link to Scotts bumper treatment ( that I didn't know you could do) I stand corrected.

He means the ENTIRE lower bumper from the same car.

• Sponsors (?)

OK I took the splash guard and cut a opening 5" tall the length of the deflector. Air should be able to enter now. The plan is in motion I will be doing this mod to the car.
http://brazeauracing.com/mustang/airdam.htm

Believe it or not the deflector is only 38$ on ebay
Checked out the link ,pretty neat mod but.... Isn't your car fairly low in the front?

Got some parts in... small stuff it's dark so I won't bother you with the bad pictures I'll get some tomorrow. I got the weather strip seal for the firewall to Hood I went ahead and riveted a piece of aluminum into that open cowl to close it off if it works I'll pull the hood off and fiberglass it. I also got a really good deal on a 250 amp alternator 3G so that went in tonight as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Well you know sometimes it's not a good idea to daily drive your race car. I've been taking it really easy early shifting trying to eat out every last bit of gas mileage while I tune that area. And that's all good and well right up until your clutch decides that it wants to stop working. I had to limp the car home in second gear it was stuck in fifth I pulled over to assess the situation the clutch was unresponsive. Even after I jack the car up and took all the slack out of the cable the clutch still made some terrible noise and I was unable to shift between gears so I stopped the car shut it off put it in 2nd started the car with my foot on the gas it jerk to life then left at home for 5 miles at 30 miles an hour you want to talk about some pissed-off people behind me. Luckily I have a clutch sitting in the shed waiting to go in but now I have to do it in the yard

So today I crawled under the car and remove the transmission. Low and behold the throwout bearing was in a million pieces and the retainer was scarred. So I pulled the retainer off the transmission and the supercharger out of the engine Bay and headed into town. The transmission shop had all the tools I needed to rebuild the supercharger and they went ahead and ordered me a new retainer this one's got a steel shaft so this won't happen again.
20160926_121239.jpg
this is the only picture I got of the rebuild, my hands were slimy so I refrained from reaching into my pockets for the phone. It wasn't as hard as some people make it out to be a few YouTube videos later I was done. On my way home I picked up a new transmission mount and some new exhaust hangers and couplers I had to cut the exhaust out from underneath the car so while I'm in there I may as well try to fix it. The next time it happens to come off I will be upgrading

Reactions: 1 users
Got the car back together on Friday so I decided to drive it to work on Saturday with new parts the clutch engagement is nice and smooth it even shift better. Supercharger doesn't leak anymore which is really nice because adding fluid to it is impossible without pulling it out. I drove the car all the way out to a friend's house after work and on my way home I got caught in a rainstorm that's when I realized that I have overlooked some very serious Parts on this car. When you're driving down the road and it's raining water constantly drips into the driver's window and on to your leg which during a half hour drive means you're incredibly frustrated by the time you get home. Car has no AC so I turned on the vent and realize that none of my AC controls in the dash work that was strike 2. I found a break in the storm so I roll the windows down to air out the car when it started raining again I roll the windows back up the passenger side window rolled up fine the driver side window got caught half a dozen times and I had to stop and open the door to get it to roll up all the way. On top of that when you're moving slow through traffic all kinds of exhaust fumes and wonderful crankcase evaporation smells come into the car that was strike three. Now I knew from the get-go that convertibles inherently leak but the leak should not be this bad so if anyone has any information on how to adjust these stupid doors and windows I am all ears because for the life of me after fiddling with that I cannot figure it out there's half a million adjustments for the doors and windows

This is the number one reason i don't drive my car much. Lack of ac, broken door / window seals with the constant thought of rain makes for a whole lot of unpleasantness.

i got nothing you havent heard before.

but since im that guy, ill say it again.

these cars only need the right attention once.

knowing that door seals get dry, and need replacing, addressing mechanical fitment issues, inconsistent electrical maladies, fixing broken fittings that allow parts to rattle, and replacing all of the missing screws and bolts to ensure that are what makes the difference between a car that stays parked ( or gets sold off), and one that gets driven and enjoyed for what it is.

so many people focus on getting the car to fly, and ignore everything else, then bi tch about how they hate the poor thing.

( no direct implications BTW, just sayin...)

the 86 is getting sold because #2 doesnt have the money, nor the aptitude to fix what it needs, and i got my hands full with the monster, he cant stand the thing, so he rather druve a 2005 buick lesabre instead

knowing that door seals get dry, and need replacing, addressing mechanical fitment issues, inconsistent electrical maladies, fixing broken fittings that allow parts to rattle, and replacing all of the missing screws and bolts to ensure that are what makes the difference between a car that stays parked ( or gets sold off), and one that gets driven and enjoyed for what it is.

so many people focus on getting the car to fly, and ignore everything else, then bi tch about how they hate the poor thing.

the 86 is getting sold because #2 doesnt have the money, nor the aptitude to fix what it needs, and i got my hands full with the monster, he cant stand the thing, so he rather druve a 2005 buick lesabre instead
All the seals and stripping is new, I just need to do a lot of adjusting on everything. Maybe I'll replace every window motor and guide while I'm at it.

How much are you looking for on the 86?

Got the car back together on Friday so I decided to drive it to work on Saturday with new parts the clutch engagement is nice and smooth it even shift better. Supercharger doesn't leak anymore which is really nice because adding fluid to it is impossible without pulling it out. I drove the car all the way out to a friend's house after work and on my way home I got caught in a rainstorm that's when I realized that I have overlooked some very serious Parts on this car. When you're driving down the road and it's raining water constantly drips into the driver's window and on to your leg which during a half hour drive means you're incredibly frustrated by the time you get home. Car has no AC so I turned on the vent and realize that none of my AC controls in the dash work that was strike 2. I found a break in the storm so I roll the windows down to air out the car when it started raining again I roll the windows back up the passenger side window rolled up fine the driver side window got caught half a dozen times and I had to stop and open the door to get it to roll up all the way. On top of that when you're moving slow through traffic all kinds of exhaust fumes and wonderful crankcase evaporation smells come into the car that was strike three. Now I knew from the get-go that convertibles inherently leak but the leak should not be this bad so if anyone has any information on how to adjust these stupid doors and windows I am all ears because for the life of me after fiddling with that I cannot figure it out there's half a million adjustments for the doors and windows
Well, finally something I may be able to help you with.[emoji106]

Are the windows getting stuck on the quarter windows ?

How old is your top ? As the vinyl shrinks it pulls away from above the window seal frame.

Show some pics of the windows halfway up and all the way up.

I do convertible tops as a side business. Not a lot that I don't know about our wonderful verts.

What state are you in ?

Well, finally something I may be able to help you with.[emoji106]

Are the windows getting stuck on the quarter windows ?

How old is your top ? As the vinyl shrinks it pulls away from above the window seal frame.

Show some pics of the windows halfway up and all the way up.

I do convertible tops as a side business. Not a lot that I don't know about our wonderful verts.

What state are you in ?
Yes gets stuck on 1/4 windows. Top was replaced a few years ago along with all the seals. Door needs adjusting the window is tight along the bottom edge in the front near windshield. I'm going to order the 1/4 window guides and motors and the piece that holds the guide rod to the floor. The drivers window does not fully seat to the top seal and I don't think the window can go up any further. I'm not home now but I will get some pics for you.
I'm in FL car stays covered unless driven.
Thanks.

OK cool... The quarter window tracks ( on the top frame ) adjust with two nuts on the inside. The holes are slotted so you can move them to adjust the track to remove tension.

Florida is a nice vacation spot....unless hurricane season. My brother has a condo in Ft. Myers. I get down there every once in a while.