My turbo install, part I

• Sponsors (?)

So the turbo kit is on and complete :thumbsup: All that is left is the guages and boost controller. I was in a bit of a panic today as we didn't have enough silicone hoses but I was able to track some down. Just a matter of making a few phone calls. I decided to wrap the downpipe with heat wrap and then sealed it with a high temp sealer, good for 1500 degrees. Everything fits well, I am very happy. We pressurized the fuel lines and all is good. No leaks! I took a few pictures showing how we re-routed the fuel lines. A lot of expensive fittings. Tomorrow we will be firing it up :D

DSCF0253.JPG

DSCF0254.JPG

DSCF0255.JPG

DSCF0256.JPG

DSCF0259.JPG

DSCF0262.JPG

DSCF0263.JPG

DSCF0264.JPG

DSCF0265.JPG

DSCF0266.JPG

DSCF0267.JPG

Just maybe something i noticed...Might want to get the mac chrome rad pipes since i see in ur pics that the upper hose is pretty close to that turbo, u dont need that hse to melt and u loose all ur coolant. Good luck man, looks beautiful.

even tho i know i would smoke ur a$$ in a race...im jealous..as they say.."Youve got your $hit together"...Nice job man, really nice. Very dedicated, well organized, and kept everything clean. You obvisouly get two thumbs up, started a serious projest with a vision, and u kept to it, in a very timely mannor, which isnt common. Cudos!!!
Good luck, hope she runs as good as she looks!

LOL, thanks! What kind of times do you run on street tires? My car will never see slicks. Next year is the Dart block and new tranny. Then we will see some serious horsepower :D

sirsureshot39 said:
even tho i know i would smoke ur a$$ in a race...im jealous..as they say.."Youve got your $hit together"...Nice job man, really nice. Very dedicated, well organized, and kept everything clean. You obvisouly get two thumbs up, started a serious projest with a vision, and u kept to it, in a very timely mannor, which isnt common. Cudos!!!
Good luck, hope she runs as good as she looks!

Just ordered some BFG DRs, there sitting at the house now waiting for me.... Ran a 10.51 with borrowed et streets last year..My car wont see slicks again, not until the trans upgrade and yes....a 327 dart block coming soon...i can see it...and those tight a$$ brakes u got as well.

I'm not really concerned with ET's. I'm looking for the big MPH :D

Yeh, I'm going 331 stroker with a T-56 Viper transmission.

sirsureshot39 said:
Just ordered some BFG DRs, there sitting at the house now waiting for me.... Ran a 10.51 with borrowed et streets last year..My car wont see slicks again, not until the trans upgrade and yes....a 327 dart block coming soon...i can see it...and those tight a$$ brakes u got as well.

nice bro, ur very goal orrientated, i like that. Iv got a FAT wad of cash that so desperatly wants to burn a huge hole in my pocket....but i musnt..gota get control. Having my UPR Pro series rear kit being installed on Monday, adj uppes and lowers, anit roll bar, tourqe boxes..should be a nice setup if they do it right.

Well we fired the car up today. No major issues. However we noticed right away that the copper header gaskets supplied with the kit don't seal worth ****.:mad: So it looks like we will be forced to swap those out for some felpro ones. Not too happy about that. The other set back is that the Y-pipe does not fit very well with my Flowmaster catback system. I will have to take the car to an exhaust shop to have them modify things so everything fits properly. Other then those minor set backs everything seems good. No oil or coolant leaks. I'm hoping to have it on the dyno this coming weekend. :)

Looks like a nice job Brad. Just one question - I'm sure the photo is throwing things out of perspective. You talk about going for top speed, but from the picture it doesn't look like you've got very much access to air flow across the intercooler. Have you given much thought to that, or does the picture angle make it look like it's more blocked by the bumper cover than it is?

Yeh, I'm a little concered about that. But there is actually a lot of room between the rad and the intercooler for air to flow. I will have too see once the car is all ready to go. :shrug:

Michael Yount said:
Looks like a nice job Brad. Just one question - I'm sure the photo is throwing things out of perspective. You talk about going for top speed, but from the picture it doesn't look like you've got very much access to air flow across the intercooler. Have you given much thought to that, or does the picture angle make it look like it's more blocked by the bumper cover than it is?