My v6 is going back to stock today :(

• Sponsors (?)

Dealers whon't give you crap for aftermarket parts on a car, no matter how good they are. But then they'll turn right around and mark the price up for those same parts left on there when they go to sell it.

She's better off going back to stock and then eBaying the stuff off. At least that way she can make a couple hundred dollars to go toward her first GT mods! :nice:

97v6Silver said:
why couldn't you have just left the stuff on there you mgihta gotten more money

I forget who said it, but yesterday in reference to parts cars someone on some forum said, "A car is one of those things where the accummulated collection of parts is cheaper than the total of all the parts."

I think LinZ has made a wise choice. 1) The car will appear unmodded and that implies that it may be unmolested. 2) She'll get more for the parts selling them individually.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]..I think Linz has made a wise choice. 1) The car will appear unmodded and that implies that it may be unmolested. 2) She'll get more for the parts selling them individually.[/QUOTE]

Yep. A quick story to illustrate. I once owned a 1985 Honda V65 Sabre which came with the awesome HondaLine fairing made specifically for that bike. When it came time to trade it in, the dealer told me he would give me more trade-in $$ without the fairing. As it turned out, my next door neighbor had the same bike, and had been wanting to find a HondaLine forever. I sold it to him for $200, and got $300 more for my trade-in. Everyone was happy in the end, particularly me.

Steve C.