My V8 crank & rods are done...

DanM

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2002
I'm workin on a V8 project on the side, to swap into the V6 in a summer or two. Got my crank magnafluxed and turned, and the rods are done too with ARP bolts. Rotating assembly is almost totally done, as soon as I order some pistons. :)

DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0023.JPG

rods1.JPG

rods2.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

You rods and crank look an awful lot like red Xs. I'd be upset with the shop that did that if I were you. :p

Good to hear of progress, Dan. What kind of H/C/I combo are you looking to run on that beast?

Yeah the server I host my pics on is down for maintenance for today. It'll pop back up tomorrow. :)

Pretty sure I'll go with a fairly standard dual-plane intake. I had originally intended to use GT-40P heads, but from the flow numbers I'm able to find so far, it looks like ported stock 351W heads do just about as well, so I may go that route. Cam choice is a little more difficult. I'm leaning towards a Comp XE262 grind right now. I want to make sure I pick something that provides good low end, but doesn't roll over TOO early on me. I'd like to see peak HP around 5000-5500, no lower.